Has this forum slowed down?

I lurked for a few months before joining this forum a little over a year ago.  For the first time, I've made it all the way through the unread topics.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
I lurked for a few months before joining this forum a little over a year ago.  For the first time, I've made it all the way through the unread topics.

Time to get a life!  :icon_biggrin:

I think the current economic problems contribute to that.  I don't talk as much here ATM because I don't have any money for builds.

I *always* get through all of the unread topics. It took a bit at first, but I've read pretty much every thread on this forum.

yeah it seems like it's slowed down quite a bit and i only joined around february.

Could be the economy, could be it's just summer time and people don't want to sit in front of their computer's all day.  But yeah... it has slowed a bit.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
dbw said:
Time to get a life!  :icon_biggrin:

I'm married, I have a full time job, I have a mortgage, and I'm in a band that gigs 10 to 20 times per month.  How would I go about getting a life?

You could get another job, another band, or a mistress... c'mon, get creative!  If you need advice on leading a secret double life, I'm sure your local governor and/or state senator can give you some tips.  :toothy12:

Edit: Yes, it has slowed down.  Probably because a lot of the old high-volume posters are gone or mostly gone... jack, willy, CB, Schmoopy.

jack had some unfinished projects as I recall...goldtop tele and others. he musta got bored with posting  :dontknow: . I think Shmoop must have died or something cause I cant see a reason for a high school kid to just stop posting like he did unless it was his grades but that wouldnt account for him not posting this summer. CB and Willy, same reason as jack.

Brian

It is not uncommon to see things slow down a bit during the summer.  People take time off, vacations, nice weather, etc.....

bpmorton777 said:
jack had some unfinished projects as I recall...goldtop tele and others. he musta got bored with posting  :dontknow: . I think Shmoop must have died or something cause I cant see a reason for a high school kid to just stop posting like he did unless it was his grades but that wouldnt account for him not posting this summer. CB and Willy, same reason as jack.

Brian

oh and what happened with James... did he actually get famous?

Markoooooo said:
bpmorton777 said:

Brian

oh and what happened with James... did he actually get famous?

Well, *I've* never heard of him... :p

bpmorton777 said:

Brian

I just haven't had any time this year and the weather here has been really strange, too much rain and the only chances I've had to try to finish my pile of unfinished projects hampered by rain/humidity.

I was on holidays lost in in the middle of nowhere, were the connection was terrible, but I feel too that the forum has slowed down in the last 6 months or so...

Back