Guitar Snobs

maybe this will jog your memory:

katy-perry-melbourne-1.jpg

Regardless of Katie Perry's longevity, you should be pitied commended for hanging on to a phone so long that 5 year old cron jobs are still running  :laughing7:

Last time I saw someone on the telly play a guitar solo was during Katy Purries set at Glastonbury.

Just what was she wearing,
nintchdbpict000334129105.jpg

totally unflattering

Yeah I'm sorry guys you're going to have to remind me who this "Katy Perry" person is. It's not ringing any bells.

Cagey said:
Regardless of Katie Perry's longevity, you should be pitied commended for hanging on to a phone so long that 5 year old cron jobs are still running  :laughing7:

Actually I'm not 100% sure but I think each time it went off it may have been on a different phone. The wonders of cloud-based calendars...

amigarobbo said:
Last time I saw someone on the telly play a guitar solo was during Katy Purries set at Glastonbury.
Just what was she wearing,
totally unflattering

Yeah, whatever, but funnily enough nobody complains if a man's outfit is "unflattering". Equally if the thread was about a male pop star I doubt we would already have three images posted in an hour. This is the kind of crap you have to put up with if you want to be a musician and you happen to be a woman.

Man, what happened between Mayfly's pictures and Amigarobbo's picture?

PS-definitely the first pre-meditated necro post I've personally encountered, props on the dedication!  :toothy12:

-VB- said:
Well, thanks to Madonna, female pop stars are expected to completely reinvent themselves with each new album. The first two pictures are from her first album where she was more guitar-focused and "girl next door". She's done a few different things for the albums since then, and for this album it's... I dunno, androgynous robot from the future? I'm sure she appreciates the time saved by having short hair though. The other thing is of course, the first two pictures were chosen to illustrate attractiveness, and the third to illustrate the opposite.

The last picture was to show someone wearing an unflattering, ill fitting, in both senses of the words, outfit.

Yes, I would have mentioned something so poor looking it if it had been a man.

It's a horrible outfit, I agree. Her costume designer has done some absolutely brilliant work in the past and this is a bit of a dropped ball.

Looks like it fits OK though.

Jumble Jumble said:
Yeah I'm sorry guys you're going to have to remind me who this "Katy Perry" person is. It's not ringing any bells.

Jumble Jumble said:
Well, thanks to Madonna, female pop stars are expected to completely reinvent themselves with each new album. The first two pictures are from her first album where she was more guitar-focused and "girl next door". She's done a few different things for the albums since then, and for this album it's... I dunno, androgynous robot from the future? I'm sure she appreciates the time saved by having short hair though. The other thing is of course, the first two pictures were chosen to illustrate attractiveness, and the third to illustrate the opposite.

Are you two different people using the same account?  :)

BTW, I happen to like Katy - she's fun, silly, sexy, and can actually play that thing.  Seems like a great person to have a beer with and talk about music.  Again - what's not to like?

Jumble Jumble said:
It's a horrible outfit, I agree. Her costume designer has done some absolutely brilliant work in the past and this is a bit of a dropped ball.

Looks like it fits OK though.

It's only horrible if we assume it was meant to be flattering. More likely, it was meant to draw attention.

I honestly don't know who she is. Is she supposed to be a Madonna clone?

amigarobbo said:
The last picture was to show someone wearing an unflattering, ill fitting, in both senses of the words, outfit.

Yes, I would have mentioned something so poor looking it if it had been a man.

Um...  Yeah, spandex...  Not really a good idea.
46fe58f1f43ef678e2515a4a67f39dca--glam-metal-glamrock.jpg

Personally, I don't really mind the under-boob pic of Katy Perry, not one little bit.  I happen to like some of her music, too.  Maybe someday, Katy Perry will be the Abba of this generation.

Oh, yeah.  If you're going to necro a thread, THIS is the way to do it.  Nice job.

-VB- said:

Katy_Perry_-_Prism_cover.png

Most boringest album eva.

I'll still treature my bubblegum scented, pink vinyl copy of Teenage Dream.  :toothy11:

I have seen Katy live 6 times and have tickets for a seventh so don't even try to out-fan me there.

As for what's not to like: well I watched a few bits of the live stream she did recently and while her heart's very clearly in the right place, I don't think I'd enjoy hanging out with her beyond the novelty. We just wouldn't have anything in common, I'm a 40 year old nerd and she's a 30 year old popular girl. What are we going to talk about?

Back