Guitar Combo Amplifier Whats is a nice?

ZGOZZ

Senior member
Messages
632
GoDrex said:
what's your price range?

Forgot to add that, about $300.
Building up again, its been 10 years the last time I picked up a guitar played. Had a bad accident smashed my hand.
 

GoDrex

Senior member
Messages
3,619
For a tube amp I'd go for one of these:

http://www.zzounds.com/item--BLAB5112

or check out a Killer Ant:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACKHEART-BH1HS-KILLER-ANT-HALF-STACK-AMP-F-SHIP_W0QQitemZ300267636491QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item300267636491&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
 

ZGOZZ

Senior member
Messages
632
GoDrex said:
For a tube amp I'd go for one of these:

http://www.zzounds.com/item--BLAB5112

or check out a Killer Ant:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACKHEART-BH1HS-KILLER-ANT-HALF-STACK-AMP-F-SHIP_W0QQitemZ300267636491QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item300267636491&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Cool what about solid state?
 

GoDrex

Senior member
Messages
3,619
I hear these are good for the money:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube-30X-Amp-with-COSM?sku=487032
 

jackthehack

Senior member
Messages
5,630
ZGOZZ said:
GoDrex said:
For a tube amp I'd go for one of these:

http://www.zzounds.com/item--BLAB5112

or check out a Killer Ant:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACKHEART-BH1HS-KILLER-ANT-HALF-STACK-AMP-F-SHIP_W0QQitemZ300267636491QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item300267636491&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Cool what about solid state?

We piss on solid state...
 

ZGOZZ

Senior member
Messages
632
jackthehack said:
ZGOZZ said:
GoDrex said:
For a tube amp I'd go for one of these:

http://www.zzounds.com/item--BLAB5112

or check out a Killer Ant:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACKHEART-BH1HS-KILLER-ANT-HALF-STACK-AMP-F-SHIP_W0QQitemZ300267636491QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item300267636491&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

LOL Do not pee on the electric fence.

Cool what about solid state?

We piss on solid state...
 

blue313

Senior member
Messages
2,824
Ive heard good things about the Tech 21 solid states as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JauwuNLu0PM
 

JamesL

Senior member
Messages
1,019
No, don't listen to these guys... They're all crazy. Get a fender G dec.. It's one of the best pieces of gear you will ever buy.


http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=G+dec&st=

I have two of them, they rule.
 
K

kreig

Guest
Don't bother getting anything other than a 1-12" combo,. . .8' and 10" SUCK :party07:
 

Wana_make_a_guitar

Senior member
Messages
2,793
JamesL said:
No, don't listen to these guys... They're all crazy. Get a fender G dec.. It's one of the best pieces of gear you will ever buy.


http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=G+dec&st=

I have two of them, they rule.
My sister has one of them, they're really annoying. Having set sounds to choose from sounds cool at first, then you get pissed. But creating a new sound on that takes ages.

i got a marshall MG, a bit wussy, but still good.
 

JamesL

Senior member
Messages
1,019
Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
JamesL said:
No, don't listen to these guys... They're all crazy. Get a fender G dec.. It's one of the best pieces of gear you will ever buy.


http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=G+dec&st=

I have two of them, they rule.
My sister has one of them, they're really annoying. Having set sounds to choose from sounds cool at first, then you get pissed. But creating a new sound on that takes ages.

i got a marshall MG, a bit wussy, but still good.

Yea, it's not the most user friendly but is quite easy to use and it has a drum machine and bassist in it which is the most valuble thing in it... It has a lot of nice sounds
 

-CB-

Senior member
Messages
5,427
There is a 40w all tube amp, with some pretty decent tone...

From PIGNOSE - for about $300

Worth checking out, it has master volume and gain, treb, bass and presence.  A more traditional design, with good breakup.
 
Top