Greenburst Tele now complete

rogerzilla

Following on from

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=3342.0

just the soldering to do.  Everything is cut to length, twisted together, heatshrink wrap applied to the bare bits and waiting for the iron.

The last soldering I did was 15 years ago, when I fixed a TV.

I'm nervous  :dontknow:

You can very easily fry yourself soldering on a TV, worse you can do on a guitar circuit is fry a pot.

And here it is.  It sounds amazing.

Alder body, flame maple top, greenburst, Allparts b/w/b pickguard, Warmoth Vintage Modern neck with ebony fretboard, 22 vintage-size stainless frets
burst2.jpg

Fender repro Klusons.  Quite easy to line up using a clamp and a short ruler.
burst3.jpg

"F" neckplate, because they're more interesting than plain ones.
burst4.jpg

Wilkinson compensated 3-saddle vintage bridge (the green around the pickup screw is a reflection of one of the kids' toys).  Seymour Duncan Vintage Stack pickup, which is incredible (the neck pickup is the matching one).  I used 500k CTS pots and a 0.022 Allparts Vitamin Q cap.  I think it would be muddy with the usual 250k and 0.047 cap.  It's wired in the "modern" Tele fashion: bridge pickup only/both pickups/neck pickup only.  I thought about coil splitting but decided not to bother in the end, and I'm glad I didn't because the tone is just right as it is.
burst6.jpg

And that's my first ever guitar build.

GREAT LOOKING TELE I just got the parts to start my first tele. seeing yours just make the wait all that much harder

Thats a great start.  And if it sounds as good as it looks then you're on to a winner.

the flame on that top is amazing,  I've seen some tops that have a 'face' in them but that one looks like it has a wholer person in it, if you carefully and sauint a bit........... :icon_scratch: :sign13: :doh: :redflag: :laughing7:

The back of the guitar looks great! What color is that? The transparent green, or is it a custom finish?

Mapleg4 said:
The back of the guitar looks great! What color is that? The transparent green, or is it a custom finish?
It's a nice transparent green, and you can see the grain of the alder.  I didn't specify what colour the reverse should be, and spent 10 weeks wondering if it would be green or black!

I didn't post a picture of the back because it's strung with Fender Stainless Bullets, which is what I had to hand.  The bullets look a little silly in the ferrules, although they work just like normal.

Thanks for the kind comments.

rogerzilla said:
Mapleg4 said:
It's a nice transparent green, and you can see the grain of the alder.  I didn't specify what colour the reverse should be, and spent 10 weeks wondering if it would be green or black!

I didn't post a picture of the back because it's strung with Fender Stainless Bullets, which is what I had to hand.  The bullets look a little silly in the ferrules, although they work just like normal.

Thanks for the kind comments.

Wonder if the transparent finish would look the same on maple...

Back