Green hybrid strat from Custom shop calendar

sonicblue

In last years calendar its got this sick strat with a tele thinline pickguard with flame maple top and birdseye maple tele neck all finished in a really nice green.
How could I make one of these with warmoth? i did a quick photoshop to see it with mini humbuckers that i would like in one of these. I think something about the green neck on here before sorry.
strattele.jpg

yeehaw! tele neck, mini humbucker ...

now the only question is how that strat will look with a tele bridge?

btw is that pickguard routed for a standard humbucker and the mini fits in because of the metal brace?

if so, that is the best news for me as i have a thinline pickguard as well!

sonicblue said:
i did a quick photoshop to see it with mini humbuckers

Oh, and that is NASTY looking. I'd like to build one of those thinline style with an f-hole, exotic neck and a bigsby.

Sonicblue, nice photoshop image.  I think the layout will work if you specify them to Warmoth but I am not sure if a Tele Thinline pickguard will be an exact fit on a Strat body without some modifications.

I thought that guitar was extremely nice and came real close to doing one for myself.  The only way I could see finishing the neck was to dye the wood before the frets were pressed and then shoot it with poly after they were installed, I don’t do shoot poly so I left it to enjoy in the pictures.  Warmoth should be able to do the body for you but I don’t know if they would dye the neck for you.

PS Have you seen the KOI Strat on the January page of the Fender 2010 Custom Shop Calendar?  It is unbelievable.

Max said:
:doh:
Google, you failed me.
Nah, you were in the ballpark.   The calendar one has much more detail, but is along the same lines.

And whatta ya know.....they knock off everything these days.
http://www.hoochies.info/contents/_guitar/page/fender.koi.html
koi1.jpg

Return of Guitlouie said:
Sorry to be a party pooper, but that green thing is an abomination and I hate it.

I'll stick my neck out even further to say that both the green thing and the fishmonger are ugly...

Here is the original
stratteleoriginal.jpg

I was thinking a hardtail strat bridge or bigsby.
I've seen some custom shop guitars without pickguard screws, could you just use tape and stick it on or will that not be strong enough?

omg how can you hate the green thing, I've kept my calendar on july like half the year to look at it.

and the fish one, i know theres lots of really weird custom shop guitars people want like with kinda unusual artworks.

I guess I just can't come to grips with the green neck. It just seems weird to me. It also doesn't help that green isn't generally my favourite colour to begin with. But hey, I'm sure there are loads of weird things that I like that other people wouldn't. That's why we're here, on a custom guitar forum, isn't it? 

As for the pickguard, I'm sure double-sided tape would hold, but it would certainly be a pain to get it off again once it was stuck...

Back