Gotoh Side Adjust question..

Volitions Advocate

In the just out of the box forum I asked a question what on earth lefty's do to adjsut the truss rod on a Warmoth pro neck.  because I was wondering how I was going to get a reverse headstock neck to work. 
Because the W site says Gotoh doesn't make them for left handed guitars and so since a reverse headstock is just a lefty neck with the side dots on the wrong side.... etc you get where I'm going.

Alright then.. tell me if im hallucinating because this looks like a reverse headstock neck that could be put in a righty guitar and have easy access to the side adjust ...

Lookit the pictures.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/WARMOTH-REVERSE-HEADSTOCK-STRATOCASTER-NECK_W0QQitemZ220332153244QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item220332153244&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1215|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Mor Paul

I'm not quite sure what you're saying...

But the Gotoh side adjust is not available on the opposite side of the heel. That's it.
A reverse, like you said, goes on a right handed guitar normally. The side adjust will be exactly the same.

ByteFrenzy

Volitions Advocate said:
...since a reverse headstock is just a lefty neck with the side dots on the wrong side....

No. A reverse neck isn't a lefty neck with the dots and the nut reversed. It's a righty neck with the headstock reversed and nothing else. So also the side adjust mechanism would be on the 'right' side of a reverse headstock 'pro' neck.

Unless it' s a reverse headstock lefty neck of course.

Volitions Advocate

We were just talking about this in a different thread. and on the W page it says:

"Unfortunately Gotoh does not offer these mechanisms left handed. Lefty Warmoth "Pro" necks only offer heal adjustments on straight necks, and peg-head adjustments on angled necks. "

LINK

Warmoth says when they construct a reverse headstock.  They'r enot reversing the headstock they're reversing the whole neck and putting the side dots on the wrong side.

But on this guys ebay page its a reverse and/or lefty neck. but when you put it on a right handed guitar it looks like the side adjust is accesible.... even though its a reverse headstock... Thus my confusion.

I suppose I should call about this.

thumb55

I have a reverse strat Warmoth Pro neck that has the Gotoh side adjustment and it's in the same place as my right handed neck.

and I have no idea why that guy put the Warmoth logo on upside down :dontknow: