Got Scartozi's 6 hole trem replacement

Nice! The knobs even kinda synergize with the wings on the bridge.

Cool!  Sits on there quite nicely, too.  And, yeah, this: 

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
Have you done a tone test with it?  Any noticeable differences that stick out to ya?

I still reckon one of those type of bridges on your Larva would've been tops !!  :icon_biggrin:

I mainly put this on the Red Strat, as a TEST run for the Purple Strat. (Not sure yet if it's staying on this one)
As it was perfect in every way with the Trem.
Gee sorry if I've disappointed you all …..  :toothy11:

Wanted to check with the location of the GK-3 pup and some other things.
Have learned that the GK-3 pup can go hard up against the New Bridge. (but can't move the one already on my Red strat)
If I put these bridges on both they will end up looking very similar. (but thats my problem)  :doh:

Anyway …. As to any Tone / Sound difference etc.
Stupid me  :tard:  was going to record something 'clean' with different setting BEFORE changing bridge.
Just out of interest and as I just knew someone would ask too.
So what I'll do is record clean with this NEW bridge, then when I return back to Trem, can do some recording using the Trem.
Thats the best way to tell any difference, using the same guitar.
Will sure let you all know after doing that !!

Also there should be some difference as my original Trem doesn't have Graph Tech saddles where this Bridge does.
Haven't used these Graph Tech saddles before, and have heard they can give a different tone too.

It is a (No Modification Needed) 6 hole replacement bridge, so it's easy to swap and change about.
That's what I love about it  :icon_thumright:

I'll post full details and more pic's links etc in 'Hardware' section of the process etc, so it won't get lost in here.

Cheers  :eek:ccasion14:

Anyone ever consider a strat body routed specifically for one of these lovely bridges? No back rout, but just the bridge holes? Would that work?

Yeah I know what you mean .... Just need a hard tail routed body and then get that style from Scartozi
You don't need the trem rout !!

Like Cagey's is for a Tele hard tail. With bottom ferrules (it's different to the one I'm using here).

These 1st one's I have are a replacements for 6 hole vintage tremolos.

Sure. It's how mine was fabbed. Warmoth already has the drill pattern programmed into the magical CNC wood eater. You just ask for an American Standard Hardtail pattern, such as you'd use for one of these bridges...

FASH1C.jpg

...and you're there. Actually, the standard hardtail Tele ashtray bridge drill pattern works equally well, which is what I have on the guitar I'm putting my Scartozi on. I'll have to drill three mounting holes, but the bridge will cover the Tele bridge mounting holes, and the string-through holes match up perfectly.

Actually, for that matter, Andy's not some MegaCorp with no room to move off anything. Tell him how you want it drilled out, and it'll happen.

Maybe 5 years from now when he's got an assembly line and knocking these things out by the bajillion, it'll be a little tougher to get a 'special', so act now! <grin>

Great info! I'm seriously considering this on my next (strat) build! I was going to go Showcase for the body to cut down on cost, I wonder how it would compare through the bodybuilder with no rear rout...

The cost of drilling/routing is built into the bodies, so there's no savings to be had there. The only things that add cost to a body are wood species and some shaping options, such as a contoured neck heel.

JCizzle: For the hardtail bridge it comes in Vintage string spacing and Standard string spacing. Cagey has a standard string spacing hardtail version. I put the mounting holes in the same spot as you would if you were mounting a trem block to help hide the mounting screws....BUT, they can be put wherever you want them. I can drill the 6 intonation/saddle holes and the string holes and you can drill your own mounting holes....it's totally up to you. When/if you decide to order a bridge let me know and we'll work out all the details to make sure you get exactly what you want.

Cagey said:
Actually, for that matter, Andy's not some MegaCorp with no room to move off anything. Tell him how you want it drilled out, and it'll happen.

Maybe 5 years from now when he's got an assembly line and knocking these things out by the bajillion, it'll be a little tougher to get a 'special', so act now! <grin>

hahahaha :laughing7:.....a bajillion....but hey, who knows. No matter what the future holds for the Scartozi Bridge I'll always have time for the members of this forum :icon_thumright: .....BTW Cagey....it's "Adam" :icon_biggrin: but I'll forgive you because I answer to Adam, Andy, Andrew and a few I can't mention on here.

scartozi said:
JCizzle: For the hardtail bridge it comes in Vintage string spacing and Standard string spacing. Cagey has a standard string spacing hardtail version. I put the mounting holes in the same spot as you would if you were mounting a trem block to help hide the mounting screws....BUT, they can be put wherever you want them. I can drill the 6 intonation/saddle holes and the string holes and you can drill your own mounting holes....it's totally up to you. When/if you decide to order a bridge let me know and we'll work out all the details to make sure you get exactly what you want.

Sounds good, thank you! I'm browsing the Showcase and Bodybuilder now to get some ideas. Now, the ones in your avatar with the "wings," would it be possible to make those for a hardtail, even though there is no hole for the trem  (just for looks, in other words).

JCizzle: It would look just like Cagey's
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=18936.0

Sorry about that - I knew there were some As and Ds in there somewhere, so I took a shot <grin>

scartozi said:
JCizzle: It would look just like Cagey's
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=18936.0

That is fantastic, thanks! Man, these things practically sell themselves, I bet!

You need to PM scartozi  :icon_thumright:

Think he had one ready to ship, he posted that somewhere.

Here ya go ... http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=18300.msg282647#msg282647

I posted an install of the 6 hole replacement here .. http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=19185.0

From this ....
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=19155.msg281962#msg281962
I didn't have a build thread so just updating here ……

Well here's the offending Purple Strat, that I thought was jinxed.  :evil4:
All good now after …  :doh:

Sperzels stuffed up.
Graph Tech Saddles (2 screws went in crooked) RMA'd them.
2 conductor SD 59' (N) … Didn't work.
Fixed with a 4 conductor 59'

Have put in a scartozi bridge (thanks AA  :icon_thumright: ) instead of a 6 hole tremolo.
All 5 springs have foam inserted / jammed into them for less ping.
Soldered earth from the bottom of term claw, so it looks neater.

Did that by putting a nail punch hole towards one edge, then hit it with the dremel, with a pointed grinding bit.
Went about half way into the metal.
That heated the claw up so straight away, while still hot, preceded to solder the earth / grounding wire to it.
Worked like a charm and looks heaps better that way.  :icon_biggrin:

Just gotta get the neck frets rounded etc, this week, then get it together.

Will post in 'finished strats' when done and have some good pic's. 

It's got a SD's 59' (N) and a Custom 5 (B)
With a Wenge / Wenge neck .... this one .... http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=18191.0
Still plenty of room for a GK-3 but wanna see what it's like 1st of all.
Anyway I've got 3 GK-3 installed guitars already. So probably just leave as is  :dontknow:

Here's just a couple of crappy pic's.

d1a18cc1.jpg

b7b3a03c.jpg

2b4be2ac.jpg

84089290.jpg

1c28cd87.jpg

Back