GOOD LUCK USA!!!!!

Was a good game, with some dumb mistakes... But it was a nice game, one of the only games that was played, not like most that are a representation of The Battle on Helm's Deep by JRR Tolkien :tard:

Do NOT get me started about Italians..(where's the body implosion emoticon?)...... referees, players.... btw is anyone curious WHY a star attacking player is defending a corner post in the first place?  :doh:

Australia is just about gone in this WC. Two of our star players sent from the field on red cards in successive matches. NOT happy Jan.

I don't know what is the biggest shame: Luís Fabiano putting the hand at the ball twice to score the goal or every brazilian that said Thierry Henry was a cr@p for doing it is taking LF as god now...

SustainerPlayer said:
Good job New Zealand!  :icon_thumright:

Yep New Zealand really took to the Italy team. Smeltz' goal a bit iffy, he may have been offside, but surprised that the Italian players didn't raise hell about that, if that was the case.

Their captain Canavarro really had a bad day at the office & the NZ team directed some serious physical play on him too. As per usual Italy's goal came off  a spot penalty, earned when one of their players fell over/was pushed over/dived inside the penalty box after a bit of shirt pulling. :confused4: If that's what Italy had to do to get a draw against a team ranked as low as NZ they will get slaughtered in Round of 16 if they make it through.

It is worth noting too, that a large number of NZ players play in the same team in Australia's A-League, with their national manager, Ricky Herbert, being their manager there too.

So the national team does play like a club side, knowing each other very well. This A-League club, Wellington Phoenix, is based in Wellington New Zealand, has NZ ownership but plays in an Aussie comp in an Asian Football Conference federation country. Australia went over to the Asian Football Conference in 2006, shortly after qualifying for the WC 2006, and one of the conditions of that move from Oceania Conference to AFC, was that the Australian based A-League would allow a NZ team for the first 5 years, so that NZ & Oceania Football could move forward. Given the way that the Oceania team has had to qualify for this WC (by beating an AFC national team to qualify) this has raised tension within the AFC about Australia's role in all this & our participation in Oceania's affairs when we have moved over to the AFC.

Also impressed with Paraguay's performance yesterday too.

RE: Vuvuzelas.

I saw this on one of my Facebook Friends' accounts. I wonder if this seriously works......?...... With my TV downstairs and my home studio upstairs it's a temptation to try, but I'm DONE with crawling underneath desks and tables for a while (and I wasn't even drinking  :laughing7: ) and not keen to move more stuff.

Maybe someone who has a TV nearby their home studio setup with apporpriate EQ software could give this a try and see if it works. Since I first posted about the effect of the horns on my hearing aids (feedback loop), I have noticed that the broadcasts are mixing the sound of those horns lower in the mix, such has been the outcry about the noise.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk5cnCGgq0I&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

It HAD to happen sooner or later : Hitler Rant about the Vuvuzela  :doh:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-Ln_rqPpPk&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

:laughing7:

The soundboard of my pc is blasted, but I've heard of this thing... Only had heard of 300Hz, this guys uses 465 and 235Hz interesting...

the video says the horns are a new thing - but I remember people having those plastic horns at the high school football games when I was a kid in the late 70's :icon_scratch:

NonsenseTele said:
What sports do you do Gary?
this? :laughing7:

rhythmic%2520gymnastics.jpg

hm, bad truss rod  :icon_biggrin:

So far, no team has really, seriously impressed me in the first round. But Argentina seems to have a harmonious team and I like Maradona's coaching style (so far over 20 different players have been given match time in the tournament!). And they're the only team to get 9 points I think.

GoDrex said:
the video says the horns are a new thing - but I remember people having those plastic horns at the high school football games when I was a kid in the late 70's :icon_scratch:

Well, it's a old thing, but it was NEVER used like this... Have you watched any match? Specially one from Bafana Bafana? It sounds like there are millions of evil insects flying on the field...

kboman said:
So far, no team has really, seriously impressed me in the first round. But Argentina seems to have a harmonious team and I like Maradona's coaching style (so far over 20 different players have been given match time in the tournament!). And they're the only team to get 9 points I think.

Well, it's a good thing he using all the people NOW, because he already got the ticket to 2nd part of World Cup and he is testing who is playing in World Cup standard... Some guys are good but fell the pressure too much... If one guy of the first squad get a contusion, he needs to know who will play better under pressure... Think you may have heard this: "Trainning is trainning, playing is playing"

The only problem I see on Argentina is the defence, they're a bit slow and not very good... If they play against Spain, Holland and other teams with a sharp attack, they may have problem if play like they did against South Korea...

NonsenseTele said:
GoDrex said:

Well, it's a old thing, but it was NEVER used like this... Have you watched any match? Specially one from Bafana Bafana? It sounds like there are millions of evil insects flying on the field...

It's like watching Nausicaä, heheh!

just watched the last half hour of the USA/Algeria match - - talk about frustrating.

BUT after 91 minutes of jerking off, finally some results!

Thought for sure it was going to end nil nil (as they say).

This sport is too difficult. They can barely score. They're lucky if they can even kick at the ball without missing it.  :laughing7:

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit.. I made my goal too long apparently haha.. Good Job USA!

You should have watched England's match, Gary... It was very nice!!! England played a hell lot before Capello take out Rooney and put a midfielder and take out DaFoe and put Heskey, the worst striker ever! After that Eslovenia take the lead of the game and almost score!

NonsenseTele said:
You should have watched England's match, Gary... It was very nice!!! England played a hell lot before Capello take out Rooney and put a midfielder and take out DaFoe and put Heskey, the worst striker ever! After that Eslovenia take the lead of the game and almost score!

Nando I'm always going to be watching the wrong match. :laughing7:

GoDrex said:
NonsenseTele said:

Nando I'm always going to be watching the wrong match. :laughing7:

You're always going to think football sucks, when really isn't the truth :laughing7:

We played much much much better today, but we still look vulnerable on the counter-attack. 

Congrats to the USA who just pipped us to the top the group.  See you on the other side...... Hopefully  :icon_tongue:

:icon_thumright:

Group C turned out to be tougher then expected. Glad to see both the US and England make it through. Life in the Taylor household will be less stressful. Having 3 UK citizens in the house makes it hard to really pick a side.  The US did get robbed in game 2 and again in game 3.

Back