GOOD LUCK USA!!!!!

I sure am a happy Camper!!!
this is brilliant!!!! I am hoping for Germany!!!
Revenge '74 .. (That would be a good name for a band!)

My lord, those last few minutes.... Still it was their best game yet imho.

On monday, the country will totally be derailed, whatever the result will be. Well.. a bit more if we would win.

Marko said:
I sure am a happy Camper!!!
this is brilliant!!!! I am hoping for Germany!!!
Revenge '74 .. (That would be a good name for a band!)

I'm hoping for Spain to win against Germany and that way there's a pretty even field for the Final with both teams trying to win their first WC. But the way Germany has been playing, the realists would say that Germany will meet The Netherlands in the Final...

OzziePete said:
I'm hoping for Spain to win against Germany and that way there's a pretty even field for the Final with both teams trying to win their first WC. But the way Germany has been playing, the realists would say that Germany will meet The Netherlands in the Final...

Those are saying that Germany is 98% champion... lets face it, this Germany is kinda playing like the Clockwork Orange did in 1974...

NonsenseTele said:
OzziePete said:

Those are saying that Germany is 98% champion... lets face it, this Germany is kinda playing like the Clockwork Orange did in 1974...

Oh I know only too painfully Fernando, Australia was the first to feel the might of the Neu Deutschland! :sad:

But it would be nice if Spain faced The Netherlands and both were as nervous as the other, wiht history beckoning them.

SustainerPlayer said:
Looking forward to 3 more great games.  :hello2:

Man, as Sir McCartney said "I've got a feeling" that the final match will enter in the history!!!! I can feel the EPIC atmosphere!!

NonsenseTele said:
SustainerPlayer said:

Man, as Sir McCartney said "I've got a feeling" that the final match will enter in the history!!!! I can feel the EPIC atmosphere!!

as long as that doesn't mean a final ending in a penalty shoot-out!!!!  :sad1:

Marko said:
NonsenseTele said:
SustainerPlayer said:

as long as that doesn't mean a final ending in a penalty shoot-out!!!!  :sad1:

Well, I believe that will be PLAYING untill the 90 minute... Better take some calming pills Marko!

I'm afraid that it will be indeed, Holland - Germany, with Germany being the champion. those guys are GOOD.

I saw Germany playing with fear and like a very small team...

They had fear to loose the ball and take a goal of Spain, so when were attacking or counter-attacking, there was Klose very deep on the field and few guys forward the midfield... And for some time they weren't passing the ball right not speaking on bad position on the field, they were to close to their coverage...
To say in few words: they didn't play like Germany does... Germany don't let you play, take the ball from you, pass it millimetric right and fast, doing a Blitzkrieg of counter attack, with some options well positioned on the field...

When they took the goal, they tried to throw the ball on the penalty area to someone hit it, desesperatly... There were to many Spanish players there, so it was not a effective try, as it showed...

So Holland vs Spain, this is going to be a hot match!

NonsenseTele said:
I saw Germany playing with fear and like a very small team...

They had fear to loose the ball and take a goal of Spain, so when were attacking or counter-attacking, there was Klose very deep on the field and few guys forward the midfield... And for some time they weren't passing the ball right not speaking on bad position on the field, they were to close to their coverage...
To say in few words: they didn't play like Germany does... Germany don't let you play, take the ball from you, pass it millimetric right and fast, doing a Blitzkrieg of counter attack, with some options well positioned on the field...

When they took the goal, they tried to throw the ball on the penalty area to someone hit it, desesperatly... There were to many Spanish players there, so it was not a effective try, as it showed...

So Holland vs Spain, this is going to be a hot match!

+1. Agree with what you are saying Fernando.... The Germany of this World Cup Finals wasn't there today. Spain wasn't on target with their shooting either and the score could have been a lot worse. It's an exciting prospect, this The Netherlands vs. Spain Final. I will be glued to my TV screen watching this... If one team gets the upper hand there will be some very sexy football played. :hello2:

if it wasn't for this thread, i wouldn't even know that there were people still kicking a ball around.

Go Netherlands?

AutoBat said:
if it wasn't for this thread, i wouldn't even know that there were people still kicking a ball around.

Go Netherlands?

You have no other option!!!!  :icon_biggrin:

That was one outcome I didn't expect! Germany's midfield collapsed utterly. They played badly and with no imagination, several times I got so frustrated I thought I was watching Sweden play! Stupid 5 metre sideway passes from unmoving players to other unmoving players, sooo easliy snatched up by the spanish... Whenever Germany actually got near goal it was usually pretty close, but that was not nearly often enough.

So I guess I'll get to see my coveted Germany-Uruguay game after all, just not on Sunday :)

Oh, and Spain played really well too, especially the defense at the end.

Back