*GONE* Fender Jazz/Jag bridge & trem (USA)

Day-mun

Someone in the continental US is about to save some serious money on the bridge and tail-piece for their next Jazz/Jag build!

This AVRI Fender tail-piece with trem arm & Mustang bridge (fits JM's & Jag's, too) are in like-new condition. I am including new mounting screws,  thimbles (US), as well as a couple extra bridge saddles (for flattening the radius), bridge height adjustment wrench, and a buzz-stop bar (optional aftermarket part to  increase behind-the-bridge string slope; mounts with existing tail-piece screws).

$50 (USD) to my PayPal fetches all this and shipping within the lower 48 States. PM me if interested.

Attachments

• IMG_20171118_153419.jpg
    IMG_20171118_153419.jpg
    680.9 KB · Views: 326
...I did say "serious money", didn't I? Not trying to get rich, here, so price dropped and OP updated.  :cool01:

I'm not in the need for this kind of trem and bridge at the moment, but I would love to have them for a potential future build, because that is a really good price. :icon_thumright:
Unfortunately I'm not in the US ... :(

Day-mun said:
Thanks for the props, Logrinn!

Why don't you work out the shipping to Sweden, agree on a price with Logrinn?

Its the same trip to the post office either way.

stratamania said:
Its the same trip to the post office either way.

Actually, it isn't.

On top of additional cost/tax/fees, there's (many times) subjective customs paperwork requirements, lost tracking visibility at port of exit, delayed/damaged/opened/missing items after it gets to the other country... these have been my experiences with overseas shipping. If I could feel better about the possibility of packages reaching their destinations beyond our borders in a safe and timely manner, I would have no trouble extending my offer(s) to our fellow forumites abroad.

Any tax liability is on the person importing. In this case, it would be someone sending second-hand parts as an individual.

The value concerned would in all likelihood not even attract any duty. 

I send international post all the time. It's not that big of a deal for a small box.  Still your choice.

I just shipped him a body and neck, and the only hardship involved for me was actually getting to the post office. The customs paperwork is pretty simple - you just have to write in the sender and receiver's name/address, identify what you're shipping and its value, check a little box that says it's not drugs or explosives, pay the delivery charge and you're on your way.

I ship stuff overseas all the time. It's pricey, but no surprise there. You're buying space on a cargo plane going thousands of miles. But, it gets more so on the other side, where the receiver gets stuck with all their country's various tariffs, taxes, duties, import fees, handling fees, and whatever other excuse the gummint can come up with to drain their citizen's wallets. But hey! "Free" health care!  :laughing7:

Well, I guess I am probably the only one who has ever had frustrations and difficulties with sending or getting stuff from outside the US; I must be like a real-life Charlie Brown that way.  :doh:

:redflag: In spite what it may look like, this was intended to be a FS thread rather than a pro/con discussion about international shipping; for those just checking in, the items pictured in the OP are still for sale. PM if interested.

Day-mun said:
Well, I guess I am probably the only one who has ever had frustrations and difficulties with sending or getting stuff from outside the US; I must be like a real-life Charlie Brown that way.  :doh:

You're certainly not alone; many companies won't do it, either. It's no biggie for me because I only do it maybe a half dozen times a year, if that. But for a retailer, they'd probably have to pay for a couple/few extra employees to handle the amount of paperwork they'd have to fill out. While not difficult, there doesn't appear to be any way to automate it, and even if it is simple it still needs to be done. Multiply that by X number of orders/day, and I could see that getting out of hand real easy. Then the cost has to be spread out over something - that something being what they sell - which raises their prices and makes them uncompetitive.

stratamania said:
Just trying to get a couple of forum members hooked up with a deal  :icon_thumright:

And yet, through all of this, though, not a peep from Logrinn... granted, it is probably sleepy-time over there right now.

Day-mun said:
stratamania said:
Just trying to get a couple of forum members hooked up with a deal  :icon_thumright:

And yet, through all of this, though, not a peep from Logrinn... granted, it is probably sleepy-time over there right now.

He could be at work or on his way home, I guess its around 6 pm right now in Sweden.

Here I am again :) Home from work as Stratamania very rightly guessed.

And as for shipping and customs and stuff, I can tell you that the customs fee I paid for the neck and body Cagey sent me was a pretty sum. 300 plus if I remember correctly.
Of course, the customs fee would be lower for something like this tremolo, and none at all if it was shipped without some kind of value specified (if that's possible?) or if it's shipped as a gift or some such.

But then there's the shipping of course that will probably be substantially more than if shipped in side the US.

What I don't understand - is why noone haven't jumped on this? It's a really good price and a lot of people seemed to be doing Jazzmasters (perhaps even some Jaguars) recently. Are none doing such a guitar now? Really?

It's the second time Day-mun offers good stuff for a good price.

It seems over the years different body styles and hardware choices cycle in and out of fashion. Strats get popular, then offset bodies, then Teles, then pointy things, etc. Lather, rinse, repeat. Right now, it seems we're a Telecaster cycle.

I got a deal on the tail-piece a few months back; I found it on Reverb as a new/out-of-package Fender p/n 005-4466-000 (no trem arm, screws) for $60+shipping. I have been using Mustang bridges on a couple other off-sets with good results, so I picked up another one to go with this. Already had extra saddles for flatting the radius. Got a trem arm here, mounting screws there; I had everything together... Then my GAS caught the Mastery bug.  :doh: -So now the plan is to pass on the good deal by making it an even sweeter deal in order to raise the funds to quench this  little GAS-inflicted set-back. (You guys know how it goes, - can I get an "amen"!?)

Ohmigosh! "Amen" indeed. I am stupid sometimes!  I KNOW changing my mind is expensive, but when the GAS wants it... Well, I try to make the newly disregarded parts a bit of good fortune for someone else. That makes it feel like a slightly less stupid thing to do.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I have what I call the "Drawer of Misfit Parts", but it's actually much more than a drawer and they're not necessarily "misfit" parts, they're just parts I either ordered by mistake or to fill out an order to gain better shipping rates, or stuff I simply changed my mind on. I generally don't give away bridges/pickups/tuners, being the pricey little buggers they are, but sometimes those and a lot of other stuff just gets handed out to insure happiness. Oddly enough, I've gotten more in return than I've given out. Funny how that works.

Back