April 2016 Guitar of the Month Contest Submissions

GOM

We are now announcing the April, 2016 Guitar of the Month contest!  April's contest will be "owner/non-professionally finished" and requires at least a Warmoth neck or body to qualify.

Please read the GOM rules, which have been refined, with some slight changes, and are posted in a sticky in this forum area.

Submissions must be sent, to uwfgom@gmail.com, and contain two images no greater than 1024x768, along with your description and details of the instrument.  Send your submission in plain text email.  Your photos must be attachments to the email.  Your unOfficialWarmoth Forum user name must be included in the body of the email.

In turn, your images will posted to this message, which is April's submission thread.

Submissions will be accepted from now until April 7th, so get your cameras clicking!

As usual, discussion about the submissions can take place below.

Please do not post additional photos in any replies to this thread.  Links to other UW threads or external sites are fine. Links will not be included in the entry descriptions.

Please try to stick to the entry requirements:
1024x768 pixel images maximum as attachments please, not embedded in the email or linked to external sites.

Include your UnOfficialWarmoth Forum user name.

Owner or other non-professionally finished instruments only this month.

Sorry, but entries that do not meet these requirements may not be included in the contest. If you're having technical difficulties, get in touch!  (But only about contest entries please!)

Good luck, and may the best guitar/bass win!

Guitar #1 by DMRACO

BODY:
Alder Velocity
GFS P90, Lipstick, and VEH humbucker that can be tapped to single coil
Wilkinson Trem
Natural masked binding and custom mixed purple nitro finish

NECK
Roasted maple with SRV profile
Gold fret and abalone markers
Custom headstock to Hipshot locking tumers.

ji673Gj.jpg

Guitar #2 by vetteman

Resonator Telecaster constructed from an unfinished Warmoth Mahogany body with only a Strat neck pocket and neck pickup rout.  A large hole was then routed into the body to house the 9 1/2" Continental resonator cone, and covered with a National chrome cover.  The short tailpiece came from Republic guitars and a Lace Sensor Silver pickup is mounted in the Bakelite pickguard.  The pickup is wired directly to the output jack with a resistor and a capacitor to approximate a not quite maxed tone setting.  The finish is Tru-Oil over a custom blend red stain.  The neck is an unfinished Warmoth Indian Rosewood Vintage Modern compound radius with vintage tuners, 6105  stainless steel frets and mother of pearl dot inlays.

iYXC0kb.jpg

CpDyFO9.jpg

Guitar #3 by LushTone

One piece Alder Warmoth Strat
DIY India Ink/Minwax Wipe on Satin Poly
Universal rout
Hipshot bridgeplate with Callaham bent steel saddles
Fralin Twangmaster (Neck, slightly under a Blues Special wind)
Fralin Sunbucker (new pickup not on their website at this time)
3-way selector, master volume, tone & tone
Neck:
Quartersawn roasted Maple, Indian Rosewood board (Warmoth Pro)
Standard Thin
1 11/16" bone nut width
9.5" straight radius
25.5" scale
Raw, Finely Sanded
22 stainless steel 6100 frets, Plek'd & dressed by Mike Lull
Hand-rolled fingerboard edges
Gotoh 510 21:1 auto-locking tuners
Weight:
7lbs 2oz
Setup and electronics by A Sharp Music Co.

ilYqXia.jpg

U28pa5G.jpg

Guitar #4 by rambleon

NECK:
Warmoth vintage/ modern maple neck with rosewood fretboard, cream markers. Clear satin finish.
9.5" radius with 1 11/16" wide nut.
Schaller staggered locking tuners, matte finish.

BODY:
Warmoth custom routed body with white binding.
Finish at top - Matte camouflage green acrylic spray paint with a couple of matte acrylic clear coats.
Finish at back and sides - Mahogany gel stain with a couple of matte acrylic clear coats.
Parchment 3 ply pickguard.
TV Jones Power'tron and Power'tron Plus.
Callaham bridge with intonated brass saddles.
Bigsby B-50

nZxGfDD.jpg

OmRod3B.jpg

Guitar #5 by Sid Nitzerglobin

My first Warmoth build and first finish job.  All additional drilling, wiring, assembly, setup, decal, & finishing work was completed by me.

Body:  Warmoth Chambered Black Korina/Black Korina Tele w/ F hole, 25.5" scale, drilled for vintage Tele bridge, forearm and belly cuts, and contoured heel
Neck:  Warmoth vintage construction bonus birdseye/flame maple Tele neck w/ Boatneck profile, 1 11/16" nut, straight 9.5" radius, vintage tuner holes, SS6105 frets, and LSR prep
Finish:  7 coat Tru-oil finish on body, back of neck and fretboard.  9 coats of Behlen Stringed Instrument Lacquer on headstock
Pickups:  Lollar short dogear P90 neck, Lindy Fralin Vintage +2% Tele bridge
Electronics:  All cavities shielded w/ common ground at bridge thimbles, Oak Grigsby 4 way (Bridge, Both Parallel, Neck, Both Series), Emerson Pro 250K master volume, CTS 250K blend, CTS 250K Push/Pull tone/bridge phase, Emerson PIO .033uf tone cap, Lindy Fralin treble bleed kit, Switchcraft 1/4" TS jack 
Tailpiece/Bridge/Nut:  Duesenberg Diamond Deluxe Tremola, StayTrem offset bridge, Fender LSR Nut
Tuners:  Gotoh SD91 Magnum Lock 6 inline nickel locking tuning machines
Bling/Misc Hardware:  Mastery stainless bridge thimbles and bridge plate, Glendale Raw Deal stainless control and neck plates and slotted screws, nickel Electrosocket, Duesenberg nickel three step knobs, Warmoth F-hole Tele pickguard,  Fender Pure Vintage string retainer and bakelite switch tip

EznABG3.png

cnYuLoU.png

And the voting suddenly became twice as hard ...

That's a very cool hybrid guitar by Vetteman, but I suddenly realized that surely there is some kind of intonation issue with it? Isn't the bridge way too far back compared to a normal Tele?
Of course, if using it as a slide guitar only, then it probably wouldn't matter.

Still, really cool!

The bridge of a resonator is underneath that cover in the very middle of the resonator, not at the end. Which is around the same as a telecaster.

Wow, resonators aren't my thing (as you probably can tell :laughing7: ), but that is a really nice looking resonator! Hmm, maybe I'll drop metal and start playing bluegrass...

Why not just play metal on a resonator? I'm sure that would go well down with bluegrass folks!

Metal? Bluegrass? You do know that this comes to mind:

[youtube]e4Ao-iNPPUc[/youtube]

Something about Lushtones Strat looks like if it was hanging on my wall it would be the first one I would grab after a long day. I would play the dog crap out of that thing. Well done. They're all awsome.

Back