Goncalo Alves CBS SS6100, 1st time buyer, 1st project Jazzmaster

Old Яomans

here she is, also the mockup.  GFS body, GFS Surf 90s, wilkinson bridge and locking tuners.

Attachments

• neck.jpg
    neck.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 655
Ah, yes. A nice, light body to show off that fine neck. :icon_thumright:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but looks to me like it's a modern neck, because there's no skunk stripe - so it's not a one-piece, and the neck and fingerboard should be two separate pieces of wood, right?  But check out how well the grain pattern on the fingerboard and the grain pattern on the headstock match each other.  Am I not understanding something correctly, or is that just Warmoth having awesome attention to detail?! 

Zebra said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but looks to me like it's a modern neck, because there's no skunk stripe - so it's not a one-piece, and the neck and fingerboard should be two separate pieces of wood, right?  But check out how well the grain pattern on the fingerboard and the grain pattern on the headstock match each other.  Am I not understanding something correctly, or is that just Warmoth having awesome attention to detail?!

Yes looks like a Modern to me also. It could very well be that the fretboard has been taken from the same piece of wood as the neck shaft and then joined back together. As you say it looks very good.

Old Яomans, welcome to the forum and look forward to seeing your progress with this one.

Zebra said:

It's separate pieces but cut from the same block...so yeah, attention to detail indeed. 

OV7 said:
I love that neck!  Those Surf 90s are great pickups, too!

I'm excited to hear these pickups outside of youtube.  I'll be doing a custom wooden pickguard and am thinking about giving the neck pickup a little bit of an angle, ala Mosrite.

Neck Plate finally came in and I installed the tuners.  Working on some aesthetics for the tuners.. Futurama theme happening.  I call this project The Bender Fender    #benderfenderguitar

Attachments

• BenderFender3.jpg
    BenderFender3.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 318
  • BenderFender2.jpg
    BenderFender2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 315
  • BenderFender1.jpg
    BenderFender1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 368
Are you going to do the WBW lam material like on your mockup? That should look good.

Rgand said:
Are you going to do the WBW lam material like on your mockup? That should look good.

Waiting on some veneer, but it looks like I encountered a flakey seller.  It was supposed to arrive yesterday but nope.  I'm basically on the hunt right now for a specific wood for this.  I'm almost done installing the bridge, but I have very little time right now.  I'm aiming for the end of April.

Old Яomans said:
Rgand said:

Waiting on some veneer, but it looks like I encountered a flakey seller.  It was supposed to arrive yesterday but nope.  I'm basically on the hunt right now for a specific wood for this.  I'm almost done installing the bridge, but I have very little time right now.  I'm aiming for the end of April.
Too bad about the flakey seller. They just eat up time. Looking forward to more pics as it moves forward.

Back