Gold Top Gold Jazzmaster / Pau Ferro Warhead

frown

Just received my latest build from UPS this morning.

Alder Jazzmaster in Gold Top Gold with Tele 720 mod, contoured heel and Hipshot bridge rout.

Pau Ferro / Pau Ferro Warhead with Tele heel, 21 SS6100 frets on fatback profile.

All looks good to me, bar one thing. I'm pretty sure the selected fingerboard isn't the one I chose - have emailed Warmoth about it and while it's a nice enough one, it irks me it's not the straighter grain one I paid for. Quality of the neck shaft is awesome - loving the straight grain on that!

Be a few weeks before it's all built up yet though as busy with work, covering for holidaying colleagues  :dontknow:

Machines are F style Schaller Locking.

Bridge is Hipshot flat mount.

Pickups will be chrome SD Jazz neck and SD JB bridge [JB = Jazz Blues according to SD and NOT Jeff Beck as some think!]

Controls are two volume push / pulls - one for each pup and will split on up position.

Dunlop dual design straplocks and all resting in a Hiscox case!

warmoth-jazzmaster-warhead-01.jpg

warmoth-jazzmaster-warhead-02.jpg

warmoth-jazzmaster-warhead-03.jpg

warmoth-jazzmaster-warhead-04.jpg

Nice.  A solid Pau Ferro neck has been on my wish list for some time.  How do you like it?

DMRACO said:
Nice.  A solid Pau Ferro neck has been on my wish list for some time.  How do you like it?

I love the smooth feel of it raw - it has a kind of luxury feel that painted / lacquered finishes just don't have. It's a nice handful too, what with it being a fat back.

I have a Pau Ferro with Ebony board on my Tele build and as soon as that arrived I pretty much decided I wanted to do another build with an all 'Ferro neck - this is it!

Forgot to mention all hardware will be chrome - pup covers, machines, bridge, strap buttons and knobs. Shiny.  :glasses9:

That cannot possibly be right - I was sure I paid off the right guys to re-route any shipments of tremendously sexy guitar parts to my door.

Bagman67 said:
That cannot possibly be right - I was sure I paid off the right guys to re-route any shipments of tremendously sexy guitar parts to my door.

Hehe - someone's jealous then!  :icon_biggrin:

stratamania said:
A very nice looking neck and body.

Will there be a selector switch ?

Against convention for most players, no selector switch here - just volumes to control pickups. Not just because I want to keep it as simple as possible, but because I don't flip settings like many do - I tend to use picking dynamics and attack more.

Edit: Chrome cover SD pickups will be direct mounted, so no bezel surrounds making things ugly.

That is gunna be one sexy beast  :headbang:

Pau Ferro
Warhead
No inlays
SS frets
Perfect choices  :icon_thumright:

BTW .... that neck is also known around here as 'Sex on a stick'  :icon_biggrin:

You are gunna love it.  :guitarplayer2:

Updown said:
That is gunna be one sexy beast  :headbang:

Pau Ferro
Warhead
No inlays
SS frets
Perfect choices  :icon_thumright:

BTW .... that neck is also known around here as 'Sex on a stick'  :icon_biggrin:

You are gunna love it.  :guitarplayer2:

Thanks Uptown! It's the follow up to this one: http://unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=23690.msg346708

'Sex on a stick' eh? Hmm Didn't know that - nice to learn something new!  :icon_biggrin:

The wait to get it built is gonna be cruel...

fretless said:
Those pieces look so nice together  :glasses10:

They'll be even nicer when screwed together with hardware and strung up!  :icon_biggrin:

Alas, the guitar has gone...

...along with all the hardware, to my trusty local repair / service guy [who I've used several times over the years], so he can build it all for me, as I'm currently too busy with work covering for holidaying colleagues! :icon_thumright:

I'd do it myself if I had periods of un-interupted time to focus on it! :doh:

I will be posting :kewlpics: and feedback when it is ready...

If you can't wait, think about how impatient I am! :icon_biggrin:

Thanks to awesome forum member 'Funky Phil' and his masterful skills, my latest Warmoth creation, the Gold Top Gold Jazzmaster / Pau Ferro Warhead, is now complete and in my hands!

And... IT'S BLOODY AWESOME!  :icon_biggrin:

Pictures are incoming, get your tissues at the ready as I anticipate some drooling. It turned out way slicker than expected and as Phil noted, it's kinda got a 'hot rod' feel to it - couldn't agree more.

Watch this space!

Back