warmoth-jazzmaster-12.jpg

warmoth-jazzmaster-14.jpg

warmoth-jazzmaster-16.jpg

warmoth-jazzmaster-17.jpg

warmoth-jazzmaster-19.jpg

warmoth-jazzmaster-21.jpg

warmoth-jazzmaster-23.jpg

"Less is more" in my view and that's what I was after.  :glasses10:

Certainly got what I wanted so - and I've yet to play through my amps! Somehow, I doubt I'll be dissapointed!

It's a string benders dream with polished jumbo stainless steel frets - they shine like the chrome hardware too.  :icon_biggrin:

Think I'll enter it in the next GOTM to see how it fairs...

Excellent! Got rid of everything that makes a Jazzmaster junk, and improved on what was left. Nice work!

frown said:
"Less is more" in my view and that's what I was after.  :glasses10:

Think I'll enter it in the next GOTM to see how it fairs...

You've certainly got my vote... BRAVO!!

The striped brownish-dark wood tones are a perfect matchup with the gold paint.

Not that I dislike the Warhead necessarily, but for my tastes it looks a bit modernistic in contrast to the funkiness of the body shape. But that's just me... I'm weird. I would have went with the Mooncaster headstock...  same wood choice but with the beveled edge painted to match the body :icon_jokercolor:

That is a really beauty.  LOVE every aspect of it.

I have to ask are those the guitar fetish tuners?  I have used them on 2 different build and am so pleased on how nice they are.  Locking and staggered sized tuners for $30!!  They work great and hold a tune perfect.

Tuners are locking Schallers with a single pin locator - for the clean look of course!

Cagey said:
Excellent! Got rid of everything that makes a Jazzmaster junk, and improved on what was left. Nice work!

Thanks Cagey.

I think the standard Jazzmaster controls and options are too cluttered. I tried looking for a nice tidy off the shelf alternative with minimal hardware, before sensibly returning to Warmoth and speccing one up.

Right move methinks!  :icon_biggrin:

frown said:
Cagey said:

Thanks Cagey.

I think the standard Jazzmaster controls and options are too cluttered. I tried looking for a nice tidy off the shelf alternative with minimal hardware, before sensibly returning to Warmoth and speccing one up.

Right move methinks!  :icon_biggrin:

The name of the guitar gives up Leo's intentions with that model and we know he missed the mark by a mile. Players knew that from the time the model was released.

In the middle of an increasing demand for existing models he came out with new models, which probably didn't get as much time in R & D as they should have.

Folks within his company should have been telling Leo to hold back a bit - and give him time to work this model out. It came out wrongly named, with a fair bit more componentry than was needed & a troublesome piece of hardware or two. Bill Carson, Forrest White seemed missing in action here.

BTW, the Goldy Jazzmaster looks great & I hope it plays well for you.  :icon_thumright:

Thanks Pete, it plays like a demon - silky smooth bends and really resonant.

Unlike Leo, I spent more time than needed deciding on various aspects before the build time wait began, but now it's here, no regrets over anything anymore feature wise.  :guitaristgif:

Well, there goes my shot at it.  No need to hurry up the soldering on my Strat now.  That's a lovely, lovely guitar.

Steve_Karl said:
Very classy and a great color!

Thanks very much!

The colour gave me a few pauses for thought once I'd submitted the order. I wondered if it would be too much - large area and overly garish. Glad it wasn't and that it turned out better than I had planned!  :icon_biggrin:

So this is where that GOTM is...aha!

I find it interesting that the darker tint from the transfer from real life to digital (internet) appeals to me more so than the photos on page one of this thread.

Maybe it was the camera!

DustyCat said:
So this is where that GOTM is...aha!

I find it interesting that the darker tint from the transfer from real life to digital (internet) appeals to me more so than the photos on page one of this thread.

Maybe it was the camera!

Yeah, that would be my crappy photography skills and iPhone 5 in 'lower than required light' conditions... I need a sunny day for better daylight pics, sadly Bolton struggles with having those...  :(

Back