Gold Frets on a Custom Variax w/video

Midirose

Okay Greg I may be stretching it here so you can kick me off it needed.  ;)  I just finished another custom variax guitar. I ordered the gold Warmoth frets and had them installed in the neck.

image052.jpg

image053.jpg

image055.jpg

image063.jpg

image069.jpg

image074.jpg

image114.jpg

image149.jpg

image153.jpg

A. Variax Selector Knob

B. Mag Pups Volume & Tone

C. Variax Volume

D. Variax Tone

E. 5-way Pickup Selector

F. Vax/ Mag Pups Selector

G. Sustainiac Harmonic/Mix/Normal

H. Variax Pwr On/Off

I. Sustainiac enabler

J. Cordless Pwr On/Off

K. Sustainiac Pwr On/Off

image155.jpg

image157.jpg

image164.jpg

image163.jpg

image168.jpg

image162.jpg

image179.jpg

RWJ http://www.exit45.com/guitar

Holy Smokes Midirose!!!!  :eek:  What, are you trying to build the guitar to end all guitars as we've known them?!

Did you make that brass string nut?

I'd ask you how it sounds but apparently, it can sound like anything. Impressive build.

Gregg Stewart said:
Holy Smokes Midirose!!!!  :eek:  What, are you trying to build the guitar to end all guitars as we've known them?!

Did you make that brass string nut?

I'd ask you how it sounds but apparently, it can sound like anything. Impressive build.

Thanks guys. Greg I had a machinist from another guitar forum that I am on make the brass Earvana nut for me. I purchased a nut from Earvana, sent it to him and he spec'd it out.

Midirose,
Another great one!  I love your woods, your inlays, and your finish, and the finished guitar.
I hope that one is staying with you!

Tonar8353 said:
Midirose,
Another great one!  I love your woods, your inlays, and your finish, and the finished guitar.
I hope that one is staying with you!

Yeah Tonar this is going to be my main performing guitar from this point forward. Here are a couple pics of the back. I didn't realize I did not post any here.

image174.jpg

image176.jpg

image169.jpg

Here are a few details.

This guitar has a quilted maple top, black korina chambered back, korina-flamed maple neck with birdseye maple fretboard. Internal cordless, variax electronics, Fender vintage noiseless pickups and a sustainiac handle the electronics. Planet Waves locking self trimming tuners and magnetic covers just about round this out.

holy crap is right!  that might be the most impressive guitar I've seen on this sight, old or new (or any other for that matter)

Guy! What did you use to make the petals of the rose?
The more I see, more I like this inlay! :icon_biggrin:

NonsenseTele said:
Guy! What did you use to make the petals of the rose?
The more I see, more I like this inlay! :icon_biggrin:

Nonsense the inlay is abalone. The inlay was done by http://www.custominlay.com/  out of Kentucky. Jason from Custom Inlay designed the inlay with me. Here was the final drawing that I sent him. He nailed this drawing almost exactly stroke for stroke with the inlay. It was amazing to me that he got it that close. I will go to them everytime for inlay work like that in the future.

rose1.jpg

Jason and the gang does great work.  I live in Grayson County where the shop is most of the people working there I grew up with. I just took a tour of the shop to see how everything is done I was blown away. I'm going to have a fretless bass neck done from the top to the bottom of the fretboard just waiting to finish my design. Oh almost forgot great guitar.

Back