Girls and Guitars.

crash said:
This thread has taken a disappointing turn.  :sad1:

So true! It's nightmare material. I have to think of my hopefully-to-be-GF totally naked covered in oil to get rid of this image.

oeh, whilst typing that imagine popped in my mind! not so bad....

what where we talking about?

I don't know what your girl looks like so I accidentally thought of the indigo girls naked slathered in oil.

Dear Penthouse Forum,

You won't believe what happend to me last night.....

I was playing a gig and not feeling it when this girl asked me if she could pose for a picture with my guitar.  So I had to say yes.....

Here it is....

Dear Warmoth Forum,

This is a total lie....  I felt so bad about putting the Indigo Girls on this string I had to find a way to redeem myself.  Found this on the web!  Enjoy!

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 488
I decided it was in bad taste so I yanked it. 

Hey - I'm in a band with THREE women.

images

Gabriella of Rodrigo Y Gabriela. Amazing guitarist.

Justinginn said:
+500 on Gabriella. If you don't think she's hot, watch her play.
AND she's damn hilarious. I saw her play at the Palais theatre in Melbourne where they came for a gig that they wanted to play after they recorded for the soundtrack to the Pirates of the Caribbean movie and she gave a hilarious speech in which tghe attempted swearing lots, which was fairly amusing considering the accent she has.

Check out their GC show if you get a chance. It's in rotation still I believe. They have some cool covers YouTube as well.  :guitaristgif

Ddbltrbl said:
No clue who she is,  :dontknow:
but she can play my Strat.

I suppose she could hold my strat, but I seriously doubt that she could play it.

Indeed.  The left-hand fingernails suggest the guitar's just a prop.  At least it's not an ad for the guitar, but instead some kinda softcore erotic photo.

Interesting story up on TidBITS yesterday about "booth babes" at the CES show in Vegas, which applies to our favorite hobby as well.  The gist:

"Not all attention [drawn by booth babes] is good, since it highlights to women attending the show that these products are not for them, as well as driving off men who find being so blatantly manipulated distasteful.

When I see a manufacturer pushing guitar gear with some hot chick in a bikini who clearly has no idea how to hold a guitar, it mostly pisses me off that the marketers of said gear presume I and my fellow enthusiasts will be dumb enough to be drawn to the product because it's got a hot chick holding it, often in a manner that suggests she's getting sexual gratification out of it.  As if that had anything to do with the product's actual merits.  I imagine many women probably find it insultingly exclusionary as well.

Nice boobs, though.

Peace

Bagman

Back