Girls and Guitars.

Bagman67 said:
Indeed.  The left-hand fingernails suggest the guitar's just a prop.

In pictures like that I'm never quite sure whether the guitar or the girl is the prop.

Dad always told me - when a vendor resorts to blatant sex appeal to sell their product, it often means the product can't stand on its own merits and they thought this was the better way to get attention. Most of the time he was right.

swarfrat said:
Dad always told me - when a vendor resorts to blatant sex appeal to sell their product, it often means the product can't stand on its own merits and they thought this was the better way to get attention. Most of the time he was right.

thats why you don't see naked chicks in warmoth's add's :)

I don't know, I've seen booth babes shilling for computer hardware vendors, and auto parts manufacturers, when their parts were quantifiably better than others.  It just means their target demographic is mostly male.

And no, making it politically correct doesn't necessarily bring in more women customers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izrL7pBdkaw
Gotta love here voice (Josie Charlwood)  :icon_thumright:  WOW

Video NOT related to pic.

Attachments

• Mindless Self Indulgence.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 389
Corey P. said:
Can't believe Kaki King hasn't been mentioned:

DSC04532.jpg

One of a pretty short list of guitarists I've heard make an Ovation sound good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shYdqbJgQdc

Ani DiFranco is an insane rhythm player, too.

large_difranco%20saenger.jpg

She's phenominal.  Her dad sent me some personal bootleg (non-released, out-takes, etc) of her.  I don't know her, or him well... but we shared an interest and had a mutual acquaintance in Bill Kaman

AutoBat said:
Jet-Jaguar said:
I keep meaning to update this thread with someone that has always meant "Rock and Roll" to me:

1307204428-53.jpg
And this is...?

You have to be kidding me.  This reminds me of that facebook thread where kids didn't know who Paul McCartney is.

Mayfly by VOX said:
AutoBat said:
Jet-Jaguar said:
I keep meaning to update this thread with someone that has always meant "Rock and Roll" to me:

1307204428-53.jpg
And this is...?

You have to be kidding me.  This reminds me of that facebook thread where kids didn't know who Paul McCartney is.

I kid ye not =/ just reading the sentence Jet-Jaguar did made me consider who he meant haha

Back