Gibson scale: 6150 v 6100 frets

Not really Jescar does not make 6100 fret wire it is 58118, or 58118-S or 58118-EVO.

Calling it 6100 is a misnomer of Warmoth - it is not correct. There is no such thing as Jescar 6100 as is not their designation.
Gotcha, I see. It's Jescar 58-118S, then.

Well, just called in and switched to 6150 frets lol. Figured since I already have a strat with 6100s might as well try something else.

Let's hope my mind doesn't change again

Well, just called in and switched to 6150 frets lol. Figured since I already have a strat with 6100s might as well try something else.

Obviously, everyone likes what they like (once they've had time to figure it out), but 6150 are just "right". Not too big, not too small. Not to wide, not too tall. Not too narrow, not too short.

I just ordered a CBS style conversion neck with 6100's. I ordered an exotic wood they call maple, with a maple board.

I believe maple comes from an exotic place called the north eastern usa.

I believe maple comes from an exotic place called the north eastern usa.
You have GOT to be kidding. I never dreamed it would be anywhere close to North America! I am gonna read up on this stuff.

I'm telling you guys.......6115s!!!

51108 are the dimensions.

Right in the middle between 6150 and 6100.

They are also "just right".
They slide/articulate like smaller frets, but have the height of larger ones.

I'm telling you guys.......6115s!!!

51108 are the dimensions.

Right in the middle between 6150 and 6100.

They are also "just right".
They slide/articulate like smaller frets, but have the height of larger ones.
Yes sir, I already have a conversion with 6115's. However, I know I want the 6100's for this one. (In fact, Yorick whispered the specific fret size to me)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a conversion neck that I was worried about the same thing you are. I ended up getting 6115’s on. Plays great, but if I could go back I would just go 6100 on there is plenty of room. The pointy 6115’s are nice too though.
And today that neck has been "captured" by the big W and will be shipping soon!

Hey @hchoe741 what do you think about the 6150s?

I'm in the same boat - have 6100s on my 25.5 scale strat but want to switch to Gibson scale. I love the 6100s but wonder if it will get too crowded up top. Also just kind of interested in what 6115s feel like.

Paging @Spud as well...

Last edited:
Back