General Design Play

Re-envisioning Rgand's trans red RSA jazzmaster as a jazz bass...  Quick and dirty copy/paste job using his as a starting point.

RTDzLFf.jpg

Iwa8P4Q.jpg

^ Can't argue with that.  Too bad the only options for fretting are nickel and stainless: no black materials.

xKp2OdV.jpg

John East preamp is configurable with a black plate.

BBG-725.jpg

Would have to do these for pickups:
Aluma_P_Bass_BLK.png

ghotiphry said:
^ Can't argue with that.  Too bad the only options for fretting are nickel and stainless: no black materials.

xKp2OdV.jpg

John East preamp is configurable with a black plate.

BBG-725.jpg

That's dang snazzy looking!

I have a new target for my next bass. 

Ihh0D0v.jpg

Pau ferro might look fantastic, and I just love the way it feels, but it would have to be black or no dots.  Hard to come by.

wqL6LVc.jpg

Nice mockups, Ghotiphry. I can't say I like any particular one over the others. The all black might look cool but I never get tired of looking at chrome.

I like the version with black pickups too. The others somehow take something away from the look at least for me.

I wonder what a stratocaster in a similar scheme with Pau ferro would look like ?

stratamania said:
I wonder what a stratocaster in a similar scheme with Pau ferro would look like ?

This is real quick and dirty.  Jazzmasters don't have even a similar shape to a strat.  (Thanks Rgand for the raw image!)
zqgdHcE.jpg

NzIfNDy.jpg

@ghotiphry thanks that was quick.

Looks good, I like the top one.  Perhaps with an ebony board and no inlays would look cool.

You got it, man.  Fun stuff.  Just for giggles I went the other direction and tried canary on canary.  I wish I had pics of other trans finishes over RSA, I'm dying to see what trans blue looks like.

oKQzzij.jpg

RL4I7cd.jpg

That last one reminds me of one that's in process here...

Attachments

• IMG_0276_Sm.jpg
    IMG_0276_Sm.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 474
ghotiphry said:
stratamania said:

This is real quick and dirty.  Jazzmasters don't have even a similar shape to a strat.  (Thanks Rgand for the raw image!)
zqgdHcE.jpg

NzIfNDy.jpg
You're starting to convert me.... :icon_thumright: But I'm not going to take a black sharpie to my Bigsby! :icon_biggrin:

ghotiphry said:
Uh... well, sounds like an excuse to buy a new bigsby!
trem_b500b_640.jpg
That does look nice. Modifying will be easy to touch up with Birchwood Casey touch-up bluing.

Back