GAS Alert!!!!

Rgand said:
I generally don't like gold hardware, but that one begs for it. It would really sparkle.
uk3Oinp.gif

Rgand said:
Black to clear is becoming one of my favorite bursts. It really accents that top.

Agreed! It's sort of like a vignette around a portrait, focuses the viewers attention.

:icon_thumright:

This has been in the Showcase for waaaaay too long. If only I had the money to build a Warmoth, I would've scooped this up.

VIPP234a.jpg

nice top but I have never been a fan of the clown burst.  ITs even more scary these days..... :turtle:

This is a beauty.  Somehow transparent colors on ash with a satin finish had not occurred to me, but this is stellar.

PT6098C.jpg

I'm generally not very excited by the green/yellow burst, but this one appears on a mahogany body.  I've grown accustomed to seeing this color scheme on ash or alder, so seeing the peculiarities of mahogany grain under this color arrangement caught my eye.  The satin topcoat really completes it for me.

PS11761A.jpg

It's middle-of-the-road, weight-wise. I've had a number of Canary parts here and have never been struck by how much they weigh, while other necks you pick up and can feel right away that they're unusually heavy or light. But, even different pieces of the same wood can vary. For instance, I have two necks loose here at the moment that are Pau Ferro over Roasted Maple. One weighs 1.55 lbs while the other is 1.15 lbs. Quite a range for two similar parts made of the same material. I also have a Pau Ferro over Pau Ferro that's 1.40 lbs, and a Ziricote over Indian Rosewood that's only 1.15 lbs. I would have guessed that Ziricote/Indian Rosewood part would weigh more, as they're both typically heavy woods. Finally, I have a Canary over Canary that's 1.25 lbs.

Off the wagon after a year. Well, glad to hear you're at it again. That top is exquisite.

Okay, see there's this amazing goncalo/zircote bass neck...  And I gots an extra body... And it happens to be a fairly neutral color...

I need some input.  Does this work or doesn't it?

t6dGKRQ.jpg

Or maybe changing the pickguard to parchment?

519iwGM.jpg

Back