GAS Alert!!!!

DangerousR6 said:
-1403611908268792441.jpg

Pizza! Nice!  :icon_thumright:

DangerousR6 said:
Whoaaaaaa indeed, looks like Freddy Kruger's Telecaster...The Nightmare on Tele-Street..
Pt3993A.jpg

-1403611908268792441.jpg
That's exactly what I think of when I see camphor burl! Little ghostly demon heads!

This little 8 ball with white binding is soon on it's way to Denmark:

PS8872C.jpg

And this stick of maple and Pau Ferro will keep it company:

SN14668A.jpg

It will be a HS-config with Fernandes Sustainer.  :cool01:

OOO! Nice. Please tell me you're using white/cream pickups and chrome hardware. I'm gonna be the first to say that you MUST post pics of that one when it's done.

Thanks.

The humbucker will be cream/black - either the original Fernandes or a PAF Pro. The single coil/sustainer driver is black. And I think all the hardware is gonna be black. To enhance the 8 ball graphic and the binding. 

WHOA is RIGHT! Does everybody besides me see the face of the Demon Insect Overlord?!?! You know, how can you NOT wonder what sort of infrastructure REALLY EXISTS that we minority-species have absolutely NO knowledge of?!?! I mean you figure out that a single ant hive or beehive functions as a fully-featured organism - brain, head, "fingers" in the guise of the "scout team" who go out and find the honey or dying "protein source" (dat be us, sooner or later) - they got worker ants,  a standing army of warrior ants, the girls stay home and actually do the whole Home Economics thang, dividing up the food & storing it, sweeping out the halls, darning socks'n shit etc.

O.K. NOW THINK OF ALL THE BUGS PUT TOGETHER.... you may think that Tivo & hula-hoops and Donald Trump PROVE the superiority of our species, but - the bugs don't CARE what you think! In biomass alone - the only measurement that matters - for every pound of human flesh walkin' talkin', playing with their hula-hoop - there is FORTY Pounds of just the beetles alone! So yeah, it's a cool guitar. For now..... :eek:

But when the bugs themselves start sending out the graven images of Ultimate Leader - softening us up, so to speak - it seems very likely that the Big Move is on. Raid? DDT? Hell they got bugs that LIVE on that stuff now.

:evil4: getting itchy yet? :evil4:

I personally screaming face and skulls burning in hell fire - so pretty much perfect for a "Metal" tele!  :guitarplayer2:

I'll confess a strong preference for either one f-hole or no f-holes on that starcaster body - the two-f-hole body's assymmetry is quite distracting to my eye.  THat's anice part right there.

SustainerPlayer said:
Look ma - no f-holes. Makes it look pretty slick actually.

Mp276A.jpg

Mp276C.jpg
I was jonesing over the same body - resembles the Fender/EVH iteration of the Wolfgang a bit.

In the builder, a no f-hole mooncaster looks pretty slick in black or red.

Bagman67 said:
I'll confess a strong preference for either one f-hole or no f-holes on that starcaster body - the two-f-hole body's assymmetry is quite distracting to my eye.  THat's anice part right there.

How would one go about putting symmetric f-holes on an asymmetric, offset body?  By making them asymmetric, they are symmetric and vice versa.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
Bagman67 said:

How would one go about putting symmetric f-holes on an asymmetric, offset body?  By making them asymmetric, they are symmetric and vice versa.

I get your point, it just doesn't work for me.  I realize the problem here is one of taste, and so it's not susceptible to any solution short of just doing something else.  You can't make a two-f-hole Starcaster any other way.  If you move one or the other of the holes to make them match up, they screw up the body symmetry.  That would make my brain hurt, too, so it's one or none for me.

Back