GAS Alert!!!!

Ddbltrbl said:
Updown said:
I take it, you bought it Mr Ddbltrbl  :dontknow:
No, I'm all in a panic trying to figure out how to justify getting it!  :toothy12:
Is "today is cheaper than tomorrow" good enough?

I have a couple of bodies in my watchlist (Babewatching  :icon_jokercolor:) and yesterday I noticed "Price change!" message. It got me all excited of course because I expected a lower price. But no, it's in fact now higher. Build-to-order price is also higher so I'm assuming they increased their price for something accross the board.

It better not sit in there too much longer. I have a helluva time denying myself things...

Ddbltrbl said:
Anybody notice this new piece of Ebony in the UC list?
FB1547a.jpg

I may have to take out a loan! :laughing7:

I already emailed them about a custom order (I wanted to include this) but they won't make it so I hope someone will take it soon. If they were selling these pieces individually I would buy it at once but I'm guessing they don't do that.

Bagman67 said:
A handful of no-inlay necks went up yesterday, the most spectacular of which is this baby here:

SN15592A.jpg

SN15592B.jpg

SN15592C.jpg

SN15592E.jpg

I actually just bought "this baby" last week! I can't wait to finish this project! I'm going to pair it with a black gloss Soloist body cause black gloss goes with everything!

Color me envious! That's a fine piece! You'll be the only kid on the block with that rascal!

Not sure why, but it reminds me of a big cat. Like a Bengal.

I normally don't like a whole bunch of figuring but this got my attention right off the bat! I didn't just get a kiss from Mother Nature.......I think I actually got to 3rd base with her.

Attachments

• Bocote.JPG
    Bocote.JPG
    643.6 KB · Views: 397
Raunline said:
I normally don't like a whole bunch of figuring but this got my attention right off the bat! I didn't just get a kiss from Mother Nature.......I think I actually got to 3rd base with her.

That necks amazing...

I know it's just a plain maple top but for $199 somebody really needs to buy this before temptation gets the better of me!

Lpc220A.jpg

Problem is it has three pickup cavity routes but a hole for a 3 position toggle. Gonna be tough to make that work.

I'd just do this:

1. Wire the three way switch as normal for the bridge and neck pickups
2. Wire one of the pots as a push/pull that activates the middle pickup
3. Never use that option anyway

swarfrat said:
Yeah, but can you drive a stick?

I'm Harry Potter British, of course I can drive a stick!

Jumble Jumble said:
I'd just do this:

1. Wire the three way switch as normal for the bridge and neck pickups
2. Wire one of the pots as a push/pull that activates the middle pickup
3. Never use that option anyway

Jumble, that's pretty much what I was thinking except - as step 3 is spot on - I would probably have had it routed for another P90 but just put a dummy cover in to save me the trouble and expense.

Luckily, somebody else bought it anyway.

I've been craving my first Warmoth neck, and planned on having one custom ordered, but then THIS showed up in the RSS feed and I surrendered. (I'd link it, but I already bought it)

Ultra-stripey goncalo tele neck:
-Standard thin (I would have preferred a 59' roundback, but not too greatly)
-Streaky ebony board with MoP inlays
-Ordered it with SS 6105's, Graphtech nut, and Sperzel tuner reams (for Hipshots)

I'm pretty damn excited  :glasses10:

Attachments

• TN6537A.jpg
    TN6537A.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 383
  • TN6537B.jpg
    TN6537B.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 388
  • TN6537D.jpg
    TN6537D.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 381
Wow! That's a very attractive piece! Be sure to buy some polishing papers and follow the bouncing ball here.

Back