GAS Alert!!!!

I messed around with RSS filters to tell me if a 24.75" Wenge / Ebony Strat neck with no inlays ever appeared in the showcase  sign13:, but it doesn't seem to be working.  :sad:

How do you know? Is there such a neck in the Showcase now? Otherwise, the filter might be working but it's not finding anything matching your criteria. Actually, I'd be surprised if it did - I don't think I've ever seen a Showcase neck with no inlays, and I've been looking for a while.

I was joking about expecting one, but I did relax the filters quite a bit trying to make sure it worked. Basically the problem I ran into was the way entries are done in the showcase RSS.

Cagey said:
How do you know? Is there such a neck in the Showcase now? Otherwise, the filter might be working but it's not finding anything matching your criteria. Actually, I'd be surprised if it did - I don't think I've ever seen a Showcase neck with no inlays, and I've been looking for a while.

There was one when I looked yesterday - a pointy Jackson-style neck.  Not my cup of tea.  I also got my first Warmoth tele neck, an inlay-free macassar ebony board, from the Showcase.  So they do show up - but not often.

5383163516_9dce9dce4f_b.jpg

Bagman

k-k-kboooman said:
Why has no one bought this yet?! It's torture!

lpcp271A.jpg

It could just be the angle of the photo, and curly often defies a photographer's best efforts, but that's not the best example of curly maple you'll see. Beautiful finish, though. I can see why you'd lust after it.

k-k-kboooman said:
Why has no one bought this yet?! It's torture!

lpcp271A.jpg
It has been calling to me as well. While I want to see it gone, I also want it to BE MINE!!!!!
I love that the it's not a crazy 5A piece.

Goob3r said:
I love this!
pt2442c.jpg

Oh wow - it's a shame that's a tele. Not that Tele's can't have pretty wood, but the big honking bridge plate is going to cover a lot of that.

Looking at it on a bigger screen - man thats a sweet body. The macro contrast level totally rocks. I think that one even makes the dinky P shape grow on me. I know there are other beautiful woods. I know that other woods have a different sonic palette to work with. I know its been done to death here. But I just can't get over some of the BK I've seen around here. It's like seeing the 5A flame/quilt maple tops for the first time.  I suppose after 20 years of this being done to death I might feel the same way about BK - pretty but seen it already. But right now it's just the coolest thing since sliced bread.

Back