GAS Alert!!!!

swarfrat said:
Koa can be so pretty - I'll probably never have one, other stuff always grabs my eye - but here's a nice one.
ps5728a.jpg
Yes it is.... :headbang1:
VW-koa.jpg

DangerousR6 said:
VW-koa.jpg

Dangerous, is it just the light or is yours really that tan/coffee of a color? I like the look of that much more than the typical reddish brown of koa. also, what kind of finish is that? that guitar's a real beaut

dNA said:
DangerousR6 said:
VW-koa.jpg

Dangerous, is it just the light or is yours really that tan/coffee of a color? I like the look of that much more than the typical reddish brown of koa. also, what kind of finish is that? that guitar's a real beaut
The light is making it look just a little lighter in color than it actually is. The finish is clear satin..

DangerousR6 said:
dNA said:
DangerousR6 said:
VW-koa.jpg

The light is making it look just a little lighter in color than it actually is. The finish is clear satin..

Rocking the Invader!! That really is a cool pick up.  :headbang1:

DangerousR6 said:

Is this a warmoth? I asked ages ago about the ernie ball shape and they told me that the price for a license from ernie ball was stupidly high. Would love to have a custom spec'd music man :(

elfro89 said:
DangerousR6 said:

Is this a warmoth? I asked ages ago about the ernie ball shape and they told me that the price for a license from ernie ball was stupidly high. Would love to have a custom spec'd music man :(
Just order a pre-routed body blank from Warmoth and cut it out. Simple shape to make.

elfro89 said:
They used to make that shape (called VW) but got pressured by The Man, so now they cannot make it.

Death by Uberschall said:
DangerousR6 said:
dNA said:
DangerousR6 said:

Rocking the Invader!! That really is a cool pick up.  :headbang1:
Yes it is, and it loves the Drop D....Got it wired out of phase...It's got BallZ..

elfro89 said:

Yes it's all Warmoth, before they got the smack down by EB... :sad1:

AutoBat said:
elfro89 said:
They used to make that shape (called VWS) but got pressured by The Man, so now they cannot make it.
You're sorta right, it was just the VW, and they also had the VW carved top...

maybe we should design something similar to an music man, but make it a warman  :laughing7:

We should get a little project on the go to design a new body shape or something, that would be cool to get involved in!

Somebody hold me back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARGH! have just enough to get this body, but i would need to find some way of selling stuff to make up the difference!

http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseItem.aspx?Body=2&Shape=1&Type=1&Paint=1&Path=Stratocaster%2cStandard%2cFinished&sort=date&i=ps5738

ps5738C.jpg

ps5738D.jpg

ps5738E.jpg

elfro89 said:
ARGH! have just enough to get this body, but i would need to find some way of selling stuff to make up the difference!

So? Do it. It's easy to sell stuff - just forget about want, and consider need. If you haven't used something in the last year or so, chances are you don't need it. If it turns out you need it in the future, buy another one. With most gear, the chances are it'll be a better piece that does more anyway, and if you don't wait until you're desperate, you can buy it used from somebody who is, most likely at considerable savings over new.

So, yeah. Buy that thing and get it out of my sight before I buy it. That's an exceptional piece you won't see anywhere else.

Ruddy three pronged attack:
1. Makes me want another 5 string even though im trying to stick to a warmoth 4 string next.
2 Seriously considering having a go at active pups on this just to justify buying it.
3. I want quilt, Its some mighty fine quilt, damnit  :sad:
DP127A.jpg

WHY WARMOTH WHY!!!!

Hmmm.. Add a fully scalloped maple neck with large headstock, put in Di Marzio YJM pups..

Should I? Should I???  Someone tell me it's a bad idea before i go for it..

http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseItem.aspx?i=PS5754&Body=2&Path=Body

Attachments

• PS5754A.jpg
    PS5754A.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 265
Back