GAS Alert!!!!

SustainerPlayer said:
ps5563D.jpg

New Yellow Gold finish color! Contoured Heel for soloing ease!

Oh god. Please let this finish be an option in the builder.  :eek: (I do not need an alder or top routed body ... ever  :-\)

I like that color.

crash said:
Anybody know anything about this wood?
FB596a.jpg

It's IPE, and if you go into necks, warmoth pro, at the bottom of the page under unique choice, there are a bunch of these.  It is not in the unique choice in the neck builder though.  Anybody know why?

I think this would look great with perloid dot inlays on a walnut tele.
Looks good for sure- probably have to call for it, I noticed canary isnt available in the bass neck builder. Im a carpenter and Ive done decks with this stuff (ipe), looks freakin awesome- all I can say is when your dealing with 1.25"x5.5"x16' this stuff is freakin HEAVY!

Jusatele said:
I think I will be getting this

s3_g35_full_shot_5550px.jpg

http://www.mollenhauerguitars.com/catalog/item/6898274/6860515.htm

That is a beauty!!!  Have you played one of these???
They have some pretty decent pricing...

yes I have played one, I know Micheal socially (we jam together with a group about once a month or so) and he teases me with putting his guitars in my hands every month or so. They build really great axes and he is about to revamp the line so he is blowing them out. I am getting tax refund real soon sooooooo............ Biggest problem is red or black  the Master class is worth the extra also the step up of electronics and hardware,and them doing a super uber job on the neck. However, I will be getting a regular touring class

swarfrat said:
I was planning plain ebony, but I could live with the Massacar  - but  that headstock... ugh.. if it was a strat headstock with a normal nut it'd be almost exactly what I want for the chambered korina Mean 90 machine I'm building. SRV back - meatier profile than most showcase necks.
mn1410a.jpg

Ha ha!   I'm pretty sure that neck was meant for me!   I noticed that they are now offering 24 3/4 conversions with custom contours (finally!), so I ordered a replacement with exactly those specs minus the Floyd shelf for my V.    Got an email from W a couple of weeks ago saying that it didn't pass QC and they had to start over...looks like they routed the nut slot incorrectly.     Hopefully the one I end up getting has a fingerboard as nicely figured as that one!

Jusatele said:
I think I will be getting this

s3_g35_full_shot_5550px.jpg

http://www.mollenhauerguitars.com/catalog/item/6898274/6860515.htm

Man that's nice, I have been playing a lot of jazz lately and have really wanted a semi-hollow like my teacher. I can't wait to get one.

There's a similar one up in blue burst too. Works very nicely I think. Some interesting figuring on it considering it's supposed to be plain maple.

lpcp264A.jpg

We're talking quite a lump o' cash here, but I think anyone who buys one of them should get the other one as well. They've got a bit of a yin & yang feel to 'em. I'd suggest making them near identical but one with hot modern pickups and one with cool vintage pickups.

Failing that, if two people buy one each, they have to meet up and jam at some point. Those two bodies clearly deserve to be played together.

Back