GAS Alert!!!!

This one got me. I watched it for a couple of days, slowly accumulating screen shots of it on every internet capable device I own, then decided I'd best pull the trigger lest it disappear. Come to Butthead...

jmp775C.jpg

jmp775B.jpg

Verne Bunsen said:
This one got me. I watched it for a couple of days, slowly accumulating screen shots of it on every internet capable device I own, then decided I'd best pull the trigger lest it disappear. Come to Butthead...

jmp775C.jpg

jmp775B.jpg

Love the look of Black Korina...Can't wait for you to post pictures of that in person.  :hello2:

Verne Bunsen said:

jmp775C.jpg

jmp775B.jpg
That is truly one of the finest reds I've seen. Good choice.

Ugh, just looked at this thread for the first time.  :sad1: Kinda wish I hadn't.

(but not really  :icon_biggrin:)

Glimmer said:
Ugh, just looked at this thread for the first time.  :sad1: Kinda wish I hadn't.

(but not really  :icon_biggrin:)

I always imagine it like how a bass must feel when they snatch the bait, and the fisherman sets the hook.  That feeling of "oh shyte".  Yeah I grabbed a crazy looking neck a couple weeks ago, raw no frets or anything, gonna burnish the entire thing and then have it fretted with GOLD EVO frets.  w00p!  Gotta find a REALLY special body for it though.  Something SICK.

Axkoa said:
Love the look of Black Korina...Can't wait for you to post pictures of that in person.  :hello2:

rgand said:
That is truly one of the finest reds I've seen. Good choice.

I'm a recent convert to the Black Korina, it's really a gorgeous wood. Going by aesthetics, it's quickly become my favorite. Hopefully it sounds as good as it looks!

I had been contemplating a black-to-clear burst BK Jazzmaster, but that all changed when I saw this one. The red likewise knocked my socks off.

I'll definietely put some pics up when she comes in, but it'll be a while before the build. Gotta get all the other ducks in a row. Jazzmaster was not next on my guitar project list until yesterday, haha!

Verne Bunsen said:
I had been contemplating a black-to-clear burst BK Jazzmaster, but that all changed when I saw this one.

Same here (actually, brown to clear), but like you I found another one ready to go and snapped it up. Here ’tis:

JMP719D.jpg

JMP719B.jpg

Am currently waiting on the neck + tuners. :icon of impatient smiley staring at watch:

We'll have to start at BK Jazzmaster club here on the forum.  :glasses10:  Decoder rings, secret handshakes, the whole bit.

I remember that one! Damn fine.
The first rule of BKJM Club is.... You do not talk about BKJM Club....  :toothy12:

I just ordered a chambered mahogany J-bass body with this top. /drool
I'm going to use Tru-Oil to finish it.

Attachments

• Fig Mahog.JPG
    Fig Mahog.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 327
A lil bit of nerdtastic geekery to store all of your presets.

A Flash drive made from what looks like a 12AX7 tube!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/182518503/8163264128gb-orange-pentode-radio-vacuum

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
A lil bit of nerdtastic geekery to store all of your presets.

A Flash drive made from what looks like a 12AX7 tube!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/182518503/8163264128gb-orange-pentode-radio-vacuum

That is superb - and hilarious.

il_570xN.575975063_5v2x.jpg

If only I had money and the expertise to order this VIP...

http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseItem.aspx?Body=2&Shape=9&Path=VIP&sort=price&i=vipp260#.Vk1zyr_X9n0

Axkoa said:
If only I had money and the expertise to order this VIP...

http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseItem.aspx?Body=2&Shape=9&Path=VIP&sort=price&i=vipp260#.Vk1zyr_X9n0

On my Warmoth account, I have all these bodies saved just in case I win the lottery.  I must have around 50 bodies saved. It's come in handy with the occasional sale that Warmoth has every few years.

Back