GAS Alert!!!!

1st one of these I've seen.
Finally a hard tail.
Now they just need to get the color right. :laughing7:
CTVP71A.jpg

:rock-on:

Actually this color ain't all that bad.

5 bodies that I was watching all dropped in the last week! Somebody's building some nice axes!
But, they're adding some nice new ones, like this!
PT3284A.jpg

Or this!
PT3106C.jpg

Or this!
PS8839C.jpg

Or maybe this!
PS9157A.jpg

Or, maybe I should just Limba down a little lower!  :laughing7:
BP1847A.jpg

Wow. Those are some nice parts.

I do wish they'd get out of the habit of routing for standard Tele bridge pickups, though. They'll re-route them for a humbucker, but it's an upcharge and even with a mounting ring you end up with a tiny bit of hole still showing. For as many Teles as you see with 'buckers at the bridge, you'd think they'd leave that as a last minute touch.

Then again, they've got unit sales number stats to go by while I'm working off a general impression, so I'm sure they know better than I do.

Cagey said:
I do wish they'd get out of the habit of routing for standard Tele bridge pickups, though. They'll re-route them for a humbucker, but it's an upcharge and even with a mounting ring you end up with a tiny bit of hole still showing. For as many Teles as you see with 'buckers at the bridge, you'd think they'd leave that as a last minute touch.

I wish they'd get out of the habit of routing for bridges at all. What if you don't want a trem. on a soloist then you still have this huge route on the back of the guitar or what if you'd like to put a floyd on a tele.?

I get that you can buy full custom. Frankly it's not even about the money, sometimes you see a showcase body that you'd love to have but want a different bridge than what they've already routed for.

I will say I've changed three showcase tele.s from Single to Humbucker. There is not an up-charge to make the change and I think with either the bridge or a pick-up ring on the neck it is very difficult to see the change.

Example:

My argument would be that at least for the more unusual and fancier pieces like that they should leave options open wherever possible.

I would prefer that they leave as much to the purchaser as possible, also, but there's a lot of money saved by doing as much as possible to each piece during its first trip to the CNC table.  If they left bridge routs, and other commonly-applied routs undone until point of sale, prices would likely need to go up across the board. Somebody wants that body you like exactly the way it is - and if they can't sell it for a good long while, the Screamin' Deals section permits a partial recovery  on their missed guess.  It's like arbitration clauses in insurance policies - maybe YOU don't expect to ever need it, but the insurance company KNOWS that in the aggregate they come out ahead because SOMEONE will need it - and they are far better informed about their business than any individual consumer. 

So, that said:

That clear-coated black limba body with the orange streaks is freakin' awesome.

Bagman

I love the JB body too. It would be perfect if there was more contrast on the masked binding, but I guess it's not easy on a BK body.

Ddbltrbl said:

I thought that was awesome, until I realized how much would be covered by the bridge, or even, a pickguard (although, I'd really hope nobody would put a pickguard on that, but it is traditional for a tele.)

Ummm...it's top-routed, so, good, bad, or indifferent, it calls for a pickguard...and...ummm...it's not a Tele....

Great Ape said:
Ummm...it's top-routed, so, good, bad, or indifferent, it calls for a pickguard...and...ummm...it's not a Tele....

Yeah, but I think that was one of those posts that we were just s'posta look at the pretty picture and not actually read... besides, with the new hybrids that're out there now, one could get a bit confused. :icon_jokercolor:

Ddbltrbl said:
5 bodies that I was watching all dropped in the last week! Somebody's building some nice axes!
But, they're adding some nice new ones, like this!

Man, I've been drooling over that korina bass too :icon_thumright:

Day-mun said:
Great Ape said:

Yeah, but I think that was one of those posts that we were just s'posta look at the pretty picture and not actually read... besides, with the new hybrids that're out there now, one could get a bit confused. :icon_jokercolor:

Yeah, I got the bodies mixed up, sorry.  This is what I was I was talking about:

PT3106C.jpg

It's got that really great "V" shape in the figure and that's totally going to be covered up.

He who bought this better show it finished or else! It was ranked top on my list.  :doh:

Attachments

• body37_1.PNG
    body37_1.PNG
    666 KB · Views: 286
Jet-Jaguar said:
Day-mun said:
Great Ape said:

Yeah, I got the bodies mixed up, sorry.  This is what I was I was talking about:

PT3106C.jpg

It's got that really great "V" shape in the figure and that's totally going to be covered up.

I could totally see someone doin' one of those wilkinson "chopped" tele bridges with the pickups mounted directly into the wood sans pickguard just to show off that top!

Surf n Music said:
PS8318a.jpg

This one has been in there awhile but I love the figured swamp ash.
That really is a nice piece of Ash!  :toothy12: Sorry bad joke! But, it really is! :icon_thumright:

Back