GAS Alert!!!!

swarfrat said:
Would someone please buy this guitar? I do not need it. Not only do I not need to be buying guitars right now, I don't need it in the sense of I already built the guitar that fills the role this one would take in my stable. Please buy it.
JM272a.jpg

I hope the BK Bass VI I'm waiting on ends up with grain like that.

Patriot54 said:
swarfrat said:
Would someone please buy this guitar? I do not need it. Not only do I not need to be buying guitars right now, I don't need it in the sense of I already built the guitar that fills the role this one would take in my stable. Please buy it.
JM272a.jpg

A black korina Jazzmaster with string-through TOM is on my list but mine will have P-90s

There are a number of P-90 in a humbucker box pickups around. Some are quite good.

Wow. That's gonna be sharp!

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Death by Uberschall said:
I would make what is now the outer edges the center line to get more of that spalt into the body. It's book matched so it should work.  :icon_thumright:

I will play with it a little when I get it.  Going to use z-poxy to stabilize it.

I'd have to agree with dbu the edges where the spalt is are going to be softer than the rest. So unless its going to have binding on it, I'd flip it.

DangerousR6 said:
I'd have to agree with dbu the edges where the spalt is are going to be softer than the rest. So unless its going to have binding on it, I'd flip it.

I would really like to keep it like it is.  I am going to seal the entire thing with epoxy.  IF the edges are too soft, I will add binding.  I am going to try to plane a piece down for the headstock too.  I hope it does not fall apart.  IT is 1/2 inch thick now.

Body shape will be an EVH Wolfgang design.  I am going with a neck thru design.

swarfrat said:
Patriot54 said:
swarfrat said:
JM272a.jpg

A black korina Jazzmaster with string-through TOM is on my list but mine will have P-90s

There are a number of P-90 in a humbucker box pickups around. Some are quite good.
The BKP Stockholm comes to mind - tempting either way.

came in the mail today...figure did not show up well but....
2AD063B4-orig.jpg

Wood is a nice combo of flame with a mild spalt on the edges.  No holes or gaps.  Wood is very stable.

Helluva nice hunk of lumber you've got there. Got two features in one... what could be better than that?

Interesting look  :glasses9:
http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseNeck.aspx?i=TN4959&Body=1&Path=Neck

Noticed some different inlays on some showcase necks too.
Black Mother Of Pearl .... may-be
http://www.warmoth.com/Pages/ClassicShowcase.aspx?Body=1&Path=Spotlight&inlay=367

:redflag:  Honestly .... I'm ONLY just looking  :icon_biggrin:

Updown said:
Noticed some different inlays on some showcase necks too.
Black Mother Of Pearl .... may-be
http://www.warmoth.com/Pages/ClassicShowcase.aspx?Body=1&Path=Spotlight&inlay=367

:redflag:  Honestly .... I'm ONLY just looking  :icon_biggrin:

I just ordered a neck with black mother of pearl...but with a pau ferrau fretboard....it looks like a cool choice.

I don't know... that LP is sort of a goofy combination, aesthetically. Probably why it's been there so long. The others are pretty nice, though.

Cagey said:
I don't know... that LP is sort of a goofy combination, aesthetically. Probably why it's been there so long. The others are pretty nice, though.

goofy?  Must be the back because the top is fantastic....

The top and the back are both fantastic, as are the finish and the other accoutrements. They just don't go together.  But, that's just me. There's no accounting for taste. To the next person, it may be a gift from above.

Back