Slather some oil on it, and call this one 'The Ugly Stick'
VMS4960a.jpg

s5972a.jpg

I actually kinda like it.

Ace Flibble said:
SPRINKLES said:
That LP is amazing.

what is a nowt?
It's a north and south-west English contraction. It means 'nothing'. I.e., "do nowt for" = "do nothing for".
I believe the word you're looking for is Naught (and sometimes Ought)

I hope some of those vertical fades become standard finishes. I'm loving the look fo the front, just can't stand the masked ''binding'' they've all got.

AutoBat said:
Ace Flibble said:
SPRINKLES said:
That LP is amazing.

what is a nowt?
It's a north and south-west English contraction. It means 'nothing'. I.e., "do nowt for" = "do nothing for".
I believe the word you're looking for is Naught (and sometimes Ought)
No, I mean "nowt". I'm English, I know how we talk.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP-p6H0E0QU
Watch and learn, anybody who thinks 'British' speech is all I-says and toodle-pips.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/nowt?s=t

Huh. Herd of cattle, and "nothing"

Naught and Nowt, same thing.

Good score !!  .......... also saved an argument at Auto Bats house  :icon_biggrin:

Every time I looked at it  :icon_scratch:  it looked scalloped to me.
Pity about the bloody cream dots. 
Nice Pau-Ferro  :icon_thumright:

My c/card, needs a bit of a rest  :sad:
So I even disconnected the RSS feed so I don't get encouraged and also trying not to look at this Gas thread  :doh:

Good for you! If that thing had been there one more day, I'd have abused what's left of my credit card.

Updown said:

I thought the same thing. Could've killed two birds with one stone here - I don't have any GC yet, and I don't have anything scalloped.

Yeah  .... it didn't say that it was scalloped, kind-of like this one ....
http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseNeck.aspx?i=WN1206&Body=1&Path=Neck
Could be just the Pau-Ferro they used.
But  :dontknow:  that looks scalloped too.

Updown said:
Good score !!  .......... also saved an argument at Auto Bats house  :icon_biggrin:

Yes - I saved the day I'm sure  :icon_biggrin:

Updown said:

Maybe - but I've seen that illusion before on other necks.

Updown said:
Pity about the bloody cream dots. 
Nice Pau-Ferro  :icon_thumright:

They do not look bloody to me - maybe a tad yellow?  :icon_jokercolor:
Nah - I already got a neck with cream dots - I do not mind. And this will be the third Goncalo/Pau Ferro-neck for me. Can't go wrong with that combo.

Updown said:
My c/card, needs a bit of a rest  :sad:
So I even disconnected the RSS feed so I don't get encouraged and also trying not to look at this Gas thread  :doh:

Well - I sometimes felt that you build Warmoths in a 1:1 pace with the showcase updates  :icon_jokercolor:

But you know ... you can check out any time you like - but you can never leave!  :laughing7:

Cagey said:
Updown said:

I thought the same thing. Could've killed two birds with one stone here - I don't have any GC yet, and I don't have anything scalloped.

Normally the scalloped necks in the showcase features photos from the side as well as front and back.

Would someone please buy this guitar? I do not need it. Not only do I not need to be buying guitars right now, I don't need it in the sense of I already built the guitar that fills the role this one would take in my stable. Please buy it.
JM272a.jpg

SustainerPlayer said:
Cagey said:
Updown said:

Normally the scalloped necks in the showcase features photos from the side as well as front and back.

That's true. But, even without that, it would have been a good get. Don't see many Warmoth heads using Goncalo. I'll miss it, but I'm glad SustainerPlayer got it.

I am not a shredder. I'm slow. I like stuff that rocks hard, but I'm not all that into modes of the harmonic minor scale playing 64th notes at 240bpm. Never was. So please someone tell me why when I start playing with the builder I end up doing stuff like this?

bgshredder.png

sn11678a.jpg

Like I don't already have more projections in the fire than I can finish in a lifetime.  (BTW - is it just me or does the builder for soloist put the volume knob too close to the bridge pu for a speed knob? I like it within pinky range, but that looks like it's physically impinging. Is that really the volume position on a soloist? )

The Soloist is a sexy body, so it's desirable. Just because you can play it at 240 mph doesn't mean you have to play it at that speed. It's kinda like having a Corvette. There's nowhere in the country you can run it at 140mph, but it's still a lotta fun to drive even within the confines of the law.

As for knob placement, I only have one Soloist and I placed the pothole myself. But, in looking at the builder, it does appear that the standard position for the volume knob is awfully close to the bridge pickup.

swarfrat said:
Would someone please buy this guitar? I do not need it. Not only do I not need to be buying guitars right now, I don't need it in the sense of I already built the guitar that fills the role this one would take in my stable. Please buy it.
JM272a.jpg

A black korina Jazzmaster with string-through TOM is on my list but mine will have P-90s

Back