Fresh from UPS - Tonar to me!

tfarny

Master Member
I'm really sorry for the low-light photos. It's dark in here, I'll take good shots when I'm done assembling I promise. Let me say sincerely this is the nicest finish I've ever had on any guitar, and Greg has exceeded my expectations in every way. If I'm ever in Sac-town, I'm comin to where you're playing and buy you a pitcher man.
:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

:hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

i vote no pickguard! that things too pretty to cover up any more than you have to. AWESOME grain! love it

Yep, I was going to say the same thing.  I suggest you try to minimize the pickguard or at least replace it with a humbucker-shaped ring to cover the rest of the neck pickup cavity.

Otherwise, that looks fantastic!

I have thought about that, believe me, I also thought about a black pearl guard. But I think I want either a tele neck pup or a mini bucker there, anyhow. I don't have a trad tele pickup arrangement in my collection yet.

eusa_clap.gif
  VERY rich looking 
niceaxe.gif

That is really a beauty indeed  :glasses9:  I just love the deep red wine color...
I have been watching all the before and after pics.  It is amazing how Greg transformed that top.
Can't wait to see her finished.
:kewlpics: :rock-on:

Thank you Tim.  I truly consider it a privilege to be trusted to finish a guitar like that.  Hurry up and plug it in.  :guitaristgif:

I think you need some wiring lessons. The wires aren't supposed to come out of the neck hole! :tard:

Seriously beautiful guitar. Nicely done by both of you!

Hoily flurken schnit.  No offense, Tim, but it kinda makes your previous attemt at finishing this guitar look like.....well, like poo on a stick.  Like I said, no offense, it's just that the finishing god that is Tonar definitely smiled upon this one.

I think this is the nail in the coffin...TONAR is officially a PRO FINISHER.....

Very nice work.  I love that tone of red.  What color is that??

Quick assembly pics, then off to work. The red is MEK dye from LMI. The back is natural except for mahogany colored grain fill.
She went together like a dream, electronics worked first time, now I'm off to work and tonight I'll finish up the nut and start the set up.
I have to warn you, you all aren't going to be happy with the neck. I bought it and the body nine months ago not quite knowing the end result, and they don't match very well. The neck is the only thing I've ever bought from W that looked much better in pics than in real life.
My "matching peghead" in particular has got to, is going to, go away.

Back