Forum Party

i'm an atheist, but i'm afraid to say it for fear of being excommunicated or exiled.
or just loosing a friend

This is truly a great idea, I'm suprised it came from Alfang!  :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: JK...  No really it is a good idea, but let me tell you what happened the last time I had some time off coming to me.  I says to the wife, I says "let's pack the kids in the car and head on over to Nashville".  So she says, "Nashville, what the hell is there to do in Nashville?"  So I says, "well, it's called MUSIC CITY, and well, there is this little shop there called Gruhn Guitars."  so she says, "You want to take me to a guitar store for vacation?"  And I says "It's not JUST a guitar store...JEEZ".  So she says, "I'm gonna go in the other room and continue this conversation with myself, if you feel like getting your head out of your ass feel free to come and join me."  Anyway, let me know when it is........

"but if cb quotes deliverance, im gone"

This is the very first time I've used LOL, because it's the very first time I've actually felt that way! Thanks/congrats, you old soul.

ROFLMAO    Schmoo.....me too

Guitlouie, thats too funny, now you have to bring her. She's now officially part of the group weather she likes it or not.
I'm surprised that you have humor......

It really would be neat to put faces to the names on the board. It's cool to know that there are people that are lurking reading this as we type. :party07:

NonsenseTele said:
I like what -CB- said, and Warmoth guys, you understand the part of then they
get access to the VIP repository, wherein, they can purchase fantastic tops (to be fitted to
newly ordered or existing instruments), necks, old stock (amazing finds from the 70's and 80's),
special one-off models, even prototypes!.  :icon_biggrin:

So, what does W think about all this?

[/quote]

So, what does W think about all this?
[/quote]

God knows, but if I were faced with the prospect of a shitload of maniacs like us in one place i would be "VEWWY VEWWY FWITENED !"  :evil4:

-CB- said:
Let me tell you what one company does....

That company is Ovation, which also extends the practice to Hamer and Kaman Music.  First, let me say that I know Bill Kaman, he's a great guy, a player (and damned good one) and collector (and a darned astute and knowledgeable one), and he exhibits true passion for what he does.... and would even if his father's name were not on all the letterhead <thanks Bill>

Once a year, they have a reunion of rag tag Ovation users, who frequent the web forums, are players, collectors, boutique Ovation dealers.. just folks who love Ovation.  They get a fairly nice factory tour.  They get lunch.  They get access to ask questions of the workers.  They pretty much get the VIP treatment.  I'm not sure how they cope with "insurance" issues, but they do get to wear safety glasses, and ear plugs (when applicable).  After lunch with Bill and his managers at the factory (just a small buffet... but done well), they get to tour Hamer USA (in the same building), then they get access to the VIP repository, wherein, they can purchase fantastic tops (to be fitted to newly ordered or existing instruments), necks, old stock (amazing finds from the 70's and 80's), special one-off models, even prototypes!.  After that they go to a hotel (where everyone is staying), they have the Ovation Dinner (usually with some factory staff present, Bill is sometimes there...sometimes not).  After dinner to the wee wee wee hours, the Ovation Jam, some plugged in, some not.  Next day they have informal brunch "Ovation afficianados" and then they're on their own.  They charge a fee for this, pretty much to cover expenses.  Its cheap... think it was $35 for tour, lunch and dinner.  Room is group rate, so reduced price.

Anyway that's what Bill does for the boys (and girls too!).  Kaki King and her dad (also a great player and Ovation maven) have been there.  Got some CD's and DVD's of her stuff handed out.  Glen Campbell hasn't made it <gggg>, but the offer is open.

Wow, I should check into that.  I own a '73 Legend.

Back