For your viewing pleasure...Kramer Telecaster Project...

Gettin' there...I was up sick last night...got an hours sleep...4am-5a.m....but I did manage to put another coat of oil on the body. 3rd Coat so it's starting to get a sheen/shine to it. Not sure how many I'll put on, so I'll keep going until I'm happy w/the look. Took a couple of photos...not my best work on the photos! :)

With EMGs...
PICT0741.jpg

With Gibsons...
PICT0750.jpg

Looking pretty sweet, that grain is nice. Diggin the color, and my vote is for the EMG's.... :headbang1:

DangerousR6 said:
Looking pretty sweet, that grain is nice. Diggin the color, and my vote is for the EMG's.... :headbang1:

Thank you! All that "hand rubbing" is starting to pay off. :) I'm really happy w/the hue that it has taken on in the finishing process. I got lucky!!!  :headbang: The color has even resulted in a nickname for it..."Caramel". Goes pretty well w/the bright white maple board neck too.  :eek:ccasion14:

If you want a really smooth finish on it, get some 320 grit and 400 grit automotive sand paper(black sand paper) and wet sand it with the oil. First with 320 and get it nice and slurried up, let it sit for 30 min. or so then wet you a rag with some oil on it and wipe across the grain until it's all clean. Repeat that step a couple of times with the 320, then do the same once or twice with the 400. You'll be amazed at how smooth it will be. Then add a few more coats with at least 24hrs in between ea. coat. Then let it dry for about a week, then get a fine sanding sponge preferably 400 grit or finer, and gently buff it with the sponge. Then polish up with a nice paste wax....That is if you want a smooth finish, if not then disregaurd the previous message.... :icon_biggrin:

BTW, check this out.... The mahogany back was done with the process I just described.....:laughing7:
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=9279.0

Hi, cool guitar! I have a couple of questions - I've got an early 22 fret kramer neck (rosewood 'board and non-reverse headstock tho) that I plan on buying a Warmoth tele body for. My questions are:

Is the kramer neck heel standard? Which warmoth neck pocket route did you use?

and

I notice the Floyd sits on the body - this is the set-up I want as I dont do any upward bends and presumably having it non-floating is easier to keep in tune / change string guages etc. Which route should I order, the standard trem?

Thanks for any advice.

Matt

MattNovak

Questions are:

Is the kramer neck heel standard? *** Yes Sir, 2 3/16".

Which warmoth neck pocket route did you use? *** Actually, it's not a Warmoth Body. Made by Head Guitars...eBay @ $109.00 BIN for a "One Piece Body" with good looking grain, tummy cut, forearm contour, twin HB, top mount Floyd, 5 lb weight, etc. Couldn't pass it up!

JSHead65 on eBay, Head Guitars on the web http://www.headguitars.com/ made it. I was not disappointed in the least when I opened the box upon arrival and saw it in person. Simply a good looking piece of ash. 

I notice the Floyd sits on the body - this is the set-up I want as I dont do any upward bends and presumably having it non-floating is easier to keep in tune / change string guages etc. Which route should I order, the standard trem? *** Top Mount/Non-Recessed...on my Warmoth SRV Floyd Strat I ordered the 3 Degree Angle Option (or whatever it is called) as well.

PICT0732.jpg

Thanks! DeWayne/MnM

muttznmongrelz said:
chrisg said:
that avatar looks the part - not sure what it says about you though   :icon_jokercolor:

Interesting...what would you infer that the avatar "says about me"?

Just noticed your response - just thought that an avatar like that could be taken 2 ways (don't have a problem with either actually)  :icon_jokercolor:

BTW - am liking your build. Good stuff.

chrisg said:
muttznmongrelz said:
chrisg said:
that avatar looks the part - not sure what it says about you though   :icon_jokercolor:

Interesting...what would you infer that the avatar "says about me"?

Just noticed your response - just thought that an avatar like that could be taken 2 ways (don't have a problem with either actually)  :icon_jokercolor:

BTW - am liking your build. Good stuff.

No matter, no worries...some things are better left unsaid.  :eek:ccasion14: Thank you. Appreciate the kind words.  :rock-on:

Thank you . I appreciate the kind comments on both the Kramer and the Lola.

I tell you...the pickup thing has truly been a royal p.i.t.a, as I've toyed around w/the pickups and as much as I like the "look" of the EMGs...they're just not what I had in mind for this project. I'm actually planning on picking up a set of DiMarzio Pickups...Air Norton Neck/Tone Zone F Bridge (possibly in Pink & Green) to use on it. Just posted the EMGs on eBay last night.  

Happy Wednesday! I'm in a "Jimi Mood" today...

"http://www.youtube.com/v/qKpWRAnDO_A&hl=en&fs=1&"

Well...the EMG Set SOLD. Now I'm looking at either a DiMarzio Air Norton Neck/Tone Zone F Bridge or Rio Grande Texas BBQ Set for the project.

muttznmongrelz said:
Well...the EMG Set SOLD. Now I'm looking at either a DiMarzio Air Norton Neck/Tone Zone F Bridge or Rio Grande Texas BBQ Set for the project.
I say go with the dimarzio's. I have the air norton and the air zone in my spalted tele, great pups.... :headbang1:

Just grabbed a set of Rio Grande Texas BBQ Humbuckers for the Kramer Tele. For the price that I'm getting the Rios, if I don't like 'em, I can always sell them and grab an Air Norton/Tone Zone F Set.

The Genuine Texas Neck & BBQ Bridge Humbuckers that is...not the Vintage Tallboy...

RioGrandeTexasBBQ1.jpg

RioGrandeTexasBBQ2.jpg

Back