For your viewing pleasure...Kramer Telecaster Project...

Just saw that, I posted that after looking at the end of the first page.

That's pretty cool, Max. 

Nigel%20-%20top.jpg

Thanks for the kind comments and the cool photos of that KILLER Warmoth Tele Mockup, as well as that CRAZY ASS "Spinal Tap" or "ZZ Top" looking Hot Rod Guitar!!!

Let's see...

- the neck was a Craigslist find a couple of months ago along w/the EMG Pickup Set...got them together for a cool $100.00 "net", after selling the plywood Squier Strat Body, Std Strat Bridge, etc. as it came as a complete guitar...

- using the Lefty Neck because it was what I found and once I had it in hand I was determined to use it. It's one of only two Kramer "Fully Bound Maple Board" Necks I've seen...the other is a "RIGHTY" and belongs to a VKF Forum Friend in Australia. I had an oppty to buy a Kramer Reverse Righty Maple Board w/the "Kramer" Inlay at the 12th Fret two days ago for $180.00 as part of a complete guitar but passed...I like the "Lefty" better...I played it prior to disassembling the guitar it was on...really fast, flat radius, R3 Nut, thin back shape...just super comfy to play...  

- Tele Body is a Head Guitars Body - guy in Georgia who has just started listing his products on eBay...$109.99 for a One Piece Ash Body....hard to beat that price and it's of the highest quality. I was looking at Southeast Guitars, KnE, Divebomb, etc. for a body but this one caught my eye...

OH NO!!!  :doh: HIJACKED...oh well...it's all guitars and it's all good as far as I'm concerned!  :party07: :headbang1: :guitarplayer2:

Heck...might as well share the rest of my "projects/toys" while I'm at it...

2003 Warmoth "SRV" Tribute....started w/the "SRV" Pickguard, which was a Birthday Present from my wife...

2003WarmothSRVStrat2-1.jpg

1988 B.C. Rich Gunslinger/Assassin...a necessitated body replacement when the old one split...but the guitar had been a $250.00 Pawn Shop Purchase to begin with and I scored the body on eBay for $90.00...

1988BCRichGunslinger2.jpg

1987 Kramer E.E. SC-3 Tele...

1987KramerEESC31-1.jpg

The current project 1989 Kramer Maple Board Neck on CL, picked up the One Piece Ash Body on eBay...and I'm off and running on this project...

PICT0700.jpg

1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard...this one...well...I played it once and it was THE LES PAUL that I'd always wanted...so I lucked out on finding it on eBay a week after it sold from my local MGR before I could purchase it...and at a time when I could actually afford it and "mentally justify" the purchase! :)

1982GibsonLesPaul001-1.jpg

All my 2006 First Act Lola needs is pickups..either the Gibbys or the EMGs...whichever ones don't end up in the Kramer Ash Tele Project...

2006FirstActLolaJMP1-1.jpg

and THE ONLY ACOUSTIC I'LL EVER NEED...1989 Alvarez Yairi DY53...

AlvarezYairiDY532-1.jpg

so...there you go!

muttznmongrelz said:
Thanks for the kind comments and the cool photos of that KILLER Warmoth Tele Mockup, as well as that CRAZY ASS "Spinal Tap" or "ZZ Top" looking Hot Rod Guitar!!!

Let's see...

- the neck was a Craigslist find a couple of months ago along w/the EMG Pickup Set...got them together for a cool $100.00 "net", after selling the plywood Squier Strat Body, Std Strat Bridge, etc. as it came as a complete guitar...

- using the Lefty Neck because it was what I found and once I had it in hand I was determined to use it. It's one of only two Kramer "Fully Bound Maple Board" Necks I've seen...the other is a "RIGHTY" and belongs to a VKF Forum Friend in Australia. I had an oppty to buy a Kramer Reverse Righty Maple Board w/the "Kramer" Inlay at the 12th Fret two days ago for $180.00 as part of a complete guitar but passed...I like the "Lefty" better...I played it prior to disassembling the guitar it was on...really fast, flat radius, R3 Nut, thin back shape...just super comfy to play...  

- Tele Body is a Head Guitars Body - guy in Georgia who has just started listing his products on eBay...$109.99 for a One Piece Ash Body....hard to beat that price and it's of the highest quality. I was looking at Southeast Guitars, KnE, Divebomb, etc. for a body but this one caught my eye...

OH NO!!!  :doh: HIJACKED...oh well...it's all guitars and it's all good as far as I'm concerned!  :party07: :headbang1: :guitarplayer2:
Pretty cool..... :icon_thumright:

I had the guys at KnE build "Krank n Stein" for me...... :laughing7:
index.php

It's basically a copy of an old Kramer XL5 metal neck...... :icon_biggrin:

DangerousR6 said:
Pretty cool..... :icon_thumright:

I had the guys at KnE build "Krank n Stein" for me...... :laughing7:
index.php

It's basically a copy of an old Kramer XL5 metal neck...... :icon_biggrin:

Pretty cool! I was checking that out in the other thread and knew that shape was familiar but just couldn't place it. That'll look kickass!

The XL5's are super hard to find usually, and when they do pop up they'll cost you a kidney...... :doh:

So I did the next best thing..... :icon_biggrin:

DangerousR6 said:
The XL5's are super hard to find usually, and when they do pop up they'll cost you a kidney...... :doh:

Hey...you're preaching to the choir my man! Same reason that I'm putting together the Kramer Tele that I am...finding them is like finding hen's teeth...snipes on a snipe hunt...real breasts in a strip bar...or...bigfoot...more myth than reality!

If you do run across one...everyone thinks they've got some "one of a kind custom shop built, owned and played by EVH and still reeking of cigarettes, alcohol and ball sweat from Eddie" guitar so they ask a mint for them!

Fine looking instrument you're building there. That neck is AWESOME as well!

muttznmongrelz said:
DangerousR6 said:

Hey...you're preaching to the choir my man! Same reason that I'm putting together the Kramer Tele that I am...finding them is like finding hen's teeth...snipes on a snipe hunt...real breasts in a strip bar...or...bigfoot...more myth than reality!

If you do run across one...everyone thinks they've got some "one of a kind custom shop built, owned and played by EVH and still reeking of cigarettes, alcohol and ball sweat from Eddie" guitar so they ask a mint for them!

Fine looking instrument you're building there. That neck is AWESOME as well!
So true, I've seen just very little of the Kramer tele's around and even fewr with all maple necks. the Nightswan's are the same way, it's very rare to see one with an all maple neck, but they're out there. :dontknow:

muttznmongrelz said:
Hmmm...I don't know if I've ever seen a Maple Board Nightswan...that would be RARE!!!
I've only seen one, and there were also some sustainers and some Ripley's with maple boards...

I've seen the Ripleys & Sustainers pop up on eBay from time to time...not often cause they get snagged up real quick. Can't say I wouldn't do the same on a fully functional Sustainer.

muttznmongrelz said:
I've seen the Ripleys & Sustainers pop up on eBay from time to time...not often cause they get snagged up real quick. Can't say I wouldn't do the same on a fully functional Sustainer.
Seems that the "nightswan" I saw with the maple board was a mythical creature. Someone must have adapted a custom neck to it and called it a "Nightswan". Cause according to this article theUS versions had ebony boards and the Japanese versions had rosewood...But there are some other interesting facts too, like how Warmoth was involved in the making of the "Swan" in a way... :hello2:

http://www.vintagekramer.com/night.htm

Back