FOR SALE: RARE WARMOTH MOCKINGBIRD

Chris_Lohmann

Hello old friends.

Some of the older members here may remember me and this guitar from when I posted it several years ago in this thread:http://unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=4106.0

I wanted to let you guys know that I'm putting that Mockingbird up for sale. I wish I didn't have to sell it, but I'm unemployed and behind on my mortgage so I've got to let it go. I wanted to give you guys first crack at it before I put it up on eBay or something because I think you guys will appreciate it more. It's a great guitar. 1-piece mahogany body, AAAAA flame maple top, EMG active humbuckers, locking Sperzel tuners and oh, by the way, Warmoth doesn't make the Mockingbird anymore.

$1200.00 or best offer. Includes B.C. Rich Mockingbird hardshell case. I'll pay shipping. I can accept PayPal. Send me a private message if you're interested.

Thanks
Chris

I prob'ly shouldn't say it but selling this isn't gonna save your house; you'll just have a bad credit report and no guitar.  :doh:

-I've parted with instruments as a quick-fix to financial jams with the results always being the same: the gas tank went empty again, the divorce lawyer just billed me again, the shiddy car just broke down again, -and I was in the same spot as before, only with no guitar to rock my blues away.

When lookin' for work is your full-time job, that's when ya need a shred-machine the most! Gotta plug 'er in, dime-out the amp, blow off that steam, get stoked again, and pump yourself up so ya can go out and beat the bushes again tomorrow!  :guitaristgif:

Lot's a luck to ya, man, whatever ya do!  :icon_thumright:

Not just that, but no matter how nice a build it is.
Or the fact that it is a out of production body,
Warmoth guitars tend not to resale well.
You'll be lucky to see HALF of what your asking from anyone "in the know".

Sorry to be that guy, but thats the way these things go with these particular ultra custom guitars.

Don't kick a guy when he's down. When you're in hard times, toys go in order of liquidity, not emotional attachment. Sold my motorcycle when I was out of work. Miss it? Sure. Was it the right decision? No doubt.  Some no longer available stuff has gone for more than normal market value here - and that's not very long after they were axed. 

The problem with comparing motorcycles to these things is that they are not these things; recreational vehicles prob'ly have a bit better resale value than DIY kit-built guitars. Down on his luck or not, shedding a material possession for a less-than-half-type-fraction of what was paid to build it won't pay the bills... but it will bring about some regret. -I know cuz I've done it. -The $ problems remained, and the ass-kicking I gave myself for taking pennies on the dollar only added insult to injury.  :dontknow:

-Not trying to be a Richard Cranium on this one, but sometimes it's the tough love our fellows really need (-just ask Cagey  :icon_jokercolor: ).

Back