Foo Zeppelin

I am not the biggest Foo Fighters fan, but to say Grohl isn't talented is just sour grapes.  I just wish he would stay behind the drums.  It is clearly where he belongs.

YAaaawn. What about those vulgar  Foo cussinfg a-wholes, They  play out to Wembly?? What a joke.Shows the state of modern music. It was just a damn jam  with Page and IMO the guy went OTT stageing it to be some kind of epic moment in the anals of rock history. Eff you Foo-Effers. Maybe 86,000 people bought that jive..I didn't.
The Foo-Fighters are NOT that great, kay? They are an mediocre talented band that due to the scarcity/rarity of true talent these days   has risen to the top like curdled cream. :dontknow:
I have heard of Grohl- he's a great drummer..so what? There are lots of great drummers. I do not buy his sctick. The band as a whole is nothing special. Thats why I can't believe they sold oout Wembly-unless it was some kind of festival with many bands.
And I think Page needs to step away from the stupid stage-he looks rediculous at his age trying to mix it up wiht the young rockers.Go do blues or something man. Sheesh!!!

staging it to be some kind of epic moment in the anals of rock history....

I think this is a spelling error, but I think I like your spelling better though.... :hello2:

Being on stage is a highly stimulating experience, and either you manage your adrenaline, or it manages you. I believe it falls under the rubric of "emotional maturity"..... mutherfocker.

Congrats to Jerryjg for posting one of the most pathetic things I've yet to read here. Where's the wookie to try and top that? I'm not sure that even he could. It's amazing someone could write a paragraph so filled with lameness. Bravo!

GoDrex said:
Congrats to Jerryjg for posting one of the most pathetic things I've yet to read here. Where's the wookie to try and top that? I'm not sure that even he could. It's amazing someone could write a paragraph so filled with lameness. Bravo!

???

I never understood why some people get their knickers all in a twist when someone else voices their negative opinion about a band/musician they like.

It reminds me of a time in high school when, in art class, I noticed someone wrote, "Motley Crue rules!" on the counter.  I scratched out "rules" and wrote "sucks" (I never could stand those poseurs)... came back the next day, and that person wrote, "I'm gonna kick your ass!"

Is a band/musician that much a part of your identity that you take it as a personal insult?

If someone said, "Led Zeppelin sucks ass" here, I certainly wouldn't take it personally.  Then again, I never equated disparaging remarks about a particular rock band/musician which I like with an attack directly related to my penis size.

I mean really, who gives a flying rat's ass?

I didn't take it as a personal insult. I just thought his post was incredibly pathetic and lame and I said so. Typical old fart BS and it's sad. That is all.

Here is another one.
Looks like they are playing with everyone that comes to their show.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1Ramu397UQ&feature=related[/youtube]

Wow! You know I heard that Dave Grohl kidnapped Geddy Lee's dog and threatened to kill it unless he and Alex Lifeson would play with them.

If I was in the same room (assuming it wasn't a stadium-sized room) with Led Zep, I'd be freaking out. Well, as much as I do freak out, which might not be too much.

GoDrex said:
I'm surprised no one mentioned Page's sloppy playing. That's what people usually bring up.

Didn't mention it, but I sure was thinking it. He has always been sloppy but not in a way that bothered me. But that video, whoa, I've never heard him THAT sloppy.

Them guys can't win.  If Paige didn't play with 'em, people would say, "What a snob."  Paige and JPJ play with 'em and people say, "What are they doing on stage with them?"  It's the same with Paige's tone.  If it were the same, I'd here, "His tone hasn't changed in 40 years."  In the 70s, I'm sure people looked at the sound coming off of a Zeppelin stage and said,"...oh, the shape of the music industry today..."  The Foo Fighters have never been my one of favorite bands, but you gotta give Grohl his props.  He was the drummer in the band that defined the genre of the 90s.  He changed instruments and began singing and songwriting and has had bigger sucess and longevity with that venture, proving he's not a 1 trick pony.  And yes he is living a charmed life.  He seems like a blast to hang out with.  He plays on everybody's stuff.  Come on.

Back