Fluro Green Super Strat

gobig2000

Hi Guys.... so I have been lurking on this and the warmoth site for years and finally had a crack at putting together a guitar for myself.
I originaly purchased a new Ibanez lo-pro (cheap one) but decided that it wasnt up to scratch so purcahsed a Schaller German made floyd Rose.
neck pickup is a Dimarzio Yngwie single coil
and i have a Seymor Duncan Custom Trembucker in the back.
you may notice there is no switch.... I have utilised a push/push 500k pot, but i will be adding a 3 way switch and using the pot as a coil tap for the SD Custom.
I did put a Fender Decal on it, but am never planning on selling it, I hope no one is to disapointed with me!

Here are some pictures and a link to me playing it on youtube

http://youtu.be/DK6vXVBwxq0

Hope you guys like it..... btw I love this site and love building guitars!!! :hello2:

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0299.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

IMG_3401.jpg

IMG_3404.jpg

IMG_3405.jpg

IMG_3407.jpg

IMG_3428.jpg

IMG_3469.jpg

IMG_3470.jpg

IMG_3472.jpg

IMG_3477.jpg

IMG_3478.jpg

IMG_3481.jpg

IMG_3489.jpg

IMG_3492.jpg

IMG_3498.jpg

IMG_3501.jpg

haha, actually my inspiration was seeing the Charvel Reissue below.... wanted one but then thought.... i have been needing a new project!
really wanted a single coil front pup and recessed floyd tho.  :guitarplayer2:
Charvel_Socal_Slim_Green_inpage.jpg

I love it, man. I usually don't like a solid green, but that is just killer. Definitely a beast look.

gobig2000 said:
haha, actually my inspiration was seeing the Charvel Reissue below.... wanted one but then thought.... i have been needing a new project!
really wanted a single coil front pup and recessed floyd tho.  :guitarplayer2:
Charvel_Socal_Slim_Green_inpage.jpg

Beautiful guitar. I kinda was sad that you covered up that awesome wood grain pattern. Trans green would have been an awesome option Still looks great.  :party07:

I love the reverse headstock.  I love the black hardware on maple.  I even love the headstock logo.  Looks to be real workhorse.  All the stuff you need, none of the things you don't.

Disco Scottie said:
I love the look of those Charvels, so this is a great build. What's the neck profile and fret size?
so the Frets are Stainless Steel 6100 and its the Standard thin contour neck with the Warmoth Radius and R4 Nut 1-11/16" wide.
I had to shim the nut but not my much. :eek:ccasion14:
Thanks for all the positive feed back fellas! makes me feel welcome  :headbang:

That guitar looks ready for some pretty serious action. Good call on the SS 6100 frets. Have them on all my strats and love them. And of course, it doesn't get any cooler than the reverse headstock. Very kick-ass guitar you've made yourself.

I really like it (except for the neck pickup -- put a Dimarzio DP-181 "Fast Track-1" in it).
'Looks great.

so fill me in,  the DP-181... does it actually sound like a single coil? i love that  Yngwie kinda tone...... :guitaristgif:

gobig2000 said:
so fill me in,  the DP-181... does it actually sound like a single coil? i love that  Yngwie kinda tone...... :guitaristgif:

It sounds like a beefy single-coil. It has a little less high-end (and so does the Yngwie pickup) than a traditional single-coil, and it's louder, so it balances better with your bridge humbucker. I have two guitars with that pickup in the neck position. I tried the DP-187 "Cruiser", but it just didn't have any balls.
You'll get your Yngwie tone -- you just won't need a DOD-250/YJM-308 pedal to boost the volume.

ok you have me interested now!
I use an Boss SD 1 and an JCM800 normaly, i have had to lower the SD Custom Pickup height to compensate for the difference in volume from neck to bridge...
anyone else heard/ used this pickup... opinions? :eek:ccasion14:

Back