Floyds on Strats

Dude, you shouldn't state your opinions if you don't like people arguing with them.  Not that it matters, but I agree with Marko and Gary.  The bold text doesn't bother me but your attitude does.  Okay, the text bothers me a little, too, but I wouldn't have said anything if you hadn't made a big deal about it.

Doc is right, this is not the place for flame wars.  I strongly suggest we all just forget about it :eek:ccasion14: before someone gets banned!

awkward... anyway if you want a strat sound go with the original vintage strat trem style floyd = 80', my 2 cents

dbw said:
Dude, you shouldn't state your opinions if you don't like people arguing with them.  Not that it matters, but I agree with Marko and Gary.  The bold text doesn't bother me but your attitude does.  Okay, the text bothers me a little, too, but I wouldn't have said anything if you hadn't made a big deal about it.

Doc is right, this is not the place for flame wars.  I strongly suggest we all just forget about it :eek:ccasion14: before someone gets banned!

Again, I NEVER started any flame war.

I have NO problem with people disagreeing with my opinions, but one doesn't need to insult to disagree, nor does one need to make a big deal of trivial meaningless things. That's what punks do...

T.L. said:
dbw said:

Again, I NEVER started any flame war.

I have NO problem with people disagreeing with my opinions, but one doesn't need to insult to disagree, nor does one need to make a big deal of trivial meaningless things. That's what punks do...

My observation from most forum sites is that arguments or flames result from a mere misunderstanding.  It would seem to me this would be one of those times.  T.L., no one has it out for you.  This is a great, laid back group of people, GoDrex included (even though he doesn't like natural wood guitars. :icon_biggrin:).

Sit back, grab a beverage, and enjoy.  We're a chill group...but you need to be chill, too.  :icon_thumright:  Roll a bit, and don't be so sensitive.  I re-read the posts in question and found nothing that warranted such a reaction.  That's just me, though.

AAAGH THE BOLD TEXT BURNS MY EYES!  MUST TYPE IN ALL CAPS UNTIL IT GOES AWAY!    :laughing7:

Anyway.  At the twelfth fret I can bend my low E up ~2 steps, my A up ~1.5 steps, and my high E up ~1 step.  I play 12s.

dbw said:
Anyway.  At the twelfth fret I can bend my low E up ~2 steps, my A up ~1.5 steps, and my high E up ~1 step.  I play 12s.

And I got accused of having meat hooks for hands.  Geez.  I play 9s and I have to prep for a 2 step bend!

well bending the low E like that is easy because you're pulling it down.

playing electric with 12s is for masochists :laughing7:  unless you're tuning down a bit

Not to change the subject, but I think the Digitech Whammy pedal does a great job of "bending" notes up. I love the tuning stability of non-floating vibrato bridges...

Back