Flame Top Bengel Burst

More pics...will be at least a few more weeks for the neck...

008-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

Some other of my guitars, too....

020-1.jpg

So, do you like strats?  :icon_jokercolor:

Let's hear a bit of background for the others  :icon_biggrin:

I don't like strats for me...I have owned 3. A cheap Squier that I modded around with...a nice mexican olympic white deal and a totally top end American Deluxe in Sienna burst...but every time I had a strat it made me want to turn it into a Les Paul. As far as the other guitars...the heritage cherry colored guitar is an Epiphone that I bought about 10 years ago and put Seymours in, The butterscotch colored guitar is a Gibson Custom Shop Elegant with Seymours (used to have '57 classics, EMG's, then Bare Knuckle Nailbombs...found the right fit now) I also have a Epi LP Special painted like EVH black and yellow scheme that I will eventually put a maple Warmoth neck on. The other guitar is a Carvin CS6 California Single with a maple neck and board. Really cool guitar.

That is such a killer looking body.  The gold hardware really makes it pop.

Still looking for that right Bengel Burst body for a build.

Congrats on a great looking build.

Bill

rockskate4x said:
are your new pickups in backwards? did they reverse the zebra colors?

Good noticing...they are Dimarzios...the bridge is a Tone Zone and the neck is a Humbucker from Hell. The Tone Zone's screws are on the black coil for some reason. I thought at first that maybe they sent me the neck version...but its a bridge. The HFH can go either way so I turned it to match the bridge. I was kind of pissed about that detail but now that they are in and I've stared at it long enough...it will be OK. I suppose its a dumb thing to get worked up over...but when you are building a guitar from "scratch" you want everything just right.

Sir Shredsalot said:
Hey Fifty, is that brown quilt les paul a Carvin CS6? It's amazing! Got any more pics?

It is a CS6...its a Tigers Eye deep triple step stain. Here are some other pics. I was going to send it back before the 10 day return policy...but when it arrived and I saw it then I played it...there was no way it was going back...I will find a way to pay for it and my Warmoth build, too! Here's the pics...

010-1.jpg

012-1.jpg

011-1.jpg

016-1.jpg

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
When playing the Carvin, do you ever get the, "That'd be a lot cooler if it were a Gibson, ooh Nascar's on!" from onlookers?

To be honest...I was THAT guy when I saw guitars from such brands like Carvin...but after a close friend of mine plays them and plays them well...I got the idea that the logo on the headstock is for people to fodder about on here but your playing will take care of what really matters. I really don't mean to roast your question because it is a very valid point that took me a long time to get over and not care about. And I would turn to watch Nascar pretty quick myself quite frankly...even if the guitar was a $6000 PRS or whatever.

Back