Flame Koa Beauty

Kaoskadosk

Finally done after three long months!  :hello2: Feels fantastic, looks stunning, sounds super.  :party07: I'm very, very pleased with the True Temperament frets and I will continue to evaluate them further the more I play.

Specs are;
Mahogany Body with a Flame Koa top
Mahogany Neck with a Pau Ferro fretboard, Flame Koa veneer, 12" radius, 25.5" scale
True Temperament Frets (Silicon-Bronze)
Schaller Floyd Rose
PlanetWaves Auto-Trim Tuners
Temporary EMG HZ pickups

Currently doesn't have a truss cover on, thinking about if I want the black one or not, since I could order some cool custom thing that looks better.

I'd prefer it with a Jackson head, but man, that Koa is PURE WIN!!! That is a killer build, serious candidated on a GOTM thread! cheers

Yeah the Jackson head would look awesome, but still this thing is a real beauty :glasses9:.

I did consider the Jackson headstock, but I like the Schecter-esque look more, although the Schecter headstock is a bit more pointy. I also like 3+3 more than 6 in line.  :icon_tongue:

So, how does this thing play? Amazingly super. Having the TT neck makes me much more aware of when the guitar is out of tune, playing chords has never been more fun and when playing to a song it sounds even better than with normal frets.
If I could get this on all my other future guitars, I most likely would. So far I haven't found any single negative thing about it. The only negative thing about the guitar is that it's not very easy to reach the 24th fret and very, very hard to bend that note. That doesn't have anything do to with the frets though.  :blob7:

The guitar weighs in at around 8.8lbs (4 kg). It's quite a heavy piece, but I like that, it's sturdy. The final cost landed at $3100 and I'm very pleased.  :eek:ccasion14: There will be more Warmoths for sure!  :toothy10:

Oh, and better pictures will come. My girlfriends mom got a proper DSLR camera that I'll borrow some day for some forest-shots.

$3100?!?!!!! And Sill no pups?! Wow! Is that USD? She sure is pretty though. You could have bought 10 Agiles for that. :icon_jokercolor: Lookin good :eek:ccasion14:

pabloman said:
$3100?!?!!!! And Sill no pups?! Wow! Is that USD? She sure is pretty though. You could have bought 10 Agiles for that. :icon_jokercolor: Lookin good :eek:ccasion14:

Yup, USD. Though, bear in mind, 25% VAT. Also, just the True Temperament job and assembly is around $800. One thing to keep in mind though is that the high VAT costs is what pays this guitar.  :laughing7:
I'm currently a student, but I receive around $570 in welfare every month due to extended time I need in school because I have Asperger's Syndrome. So, with barely any expenses, I thought "Why not get a kickass guitar I can keep for the rest of my life?"  :hello2:

Kaoskadosk said:
pabloman said:

Yup, USD. Though, bear in mind, 25% VAT. Also, just the True Temperament job and assembly is around $800. One thing to keep in mind though is that the high VAT costs is what pays this guitar.  :laughing7:
I'm currently a student, but I receive around $570 in welfare every month due to extended time I need in school because I have Asperger's Syndrome. So, with barely any expenses, I thought "Why not get a kickass guitar I can keep for the rest of my life?"  :hello2:

Now that's the spirit :eek:ccasion14:

Fantastic build man! Just stunning. I really like flame koa...actually i am a sucker for anything that has a flame figure... but still, great job. Are you going to install those other pups in there with covers? b/c the emgs look killer in there.

D-rock said:
Fantastic build man! Just stunning. I really like flame koa...actually i am a sucker for anything that has a flame figure... but still, great job. Are you going to install those other pups in there with covers? b/c the emgs look killer in there.

Thanks!  :eek:ccasion14:

No, I plan to install them just as they are. I really like the look of wood-mounted humbuckers.
Dsc00055_1195239340.jpg

What kind of bridge is that? I don't believe I've seen that design before.

Cagey said:
What kind of bridge is that? I don't believe I've seen that design before.

It's a custom Music Man Piezo vintage tremolo. It's the John Petrucci Guitar.  :laughing7:

NonsenseTele said:
I'd prefer it with a Jackson head, but man, that Koa is PURE WIN!!! That is a killer build, serious candidated on a GOTM thread! cheers

I disagree! Jackson headstocks are butt ugly!
Warmoth headstock for the win!

Interesting. I thought maybe it was a Soloist you'd modified. Nice-looking piece.

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=10158.0

It used to be on the front page of the old W homepage. Seems to be lost now.

DustyCat said:
What is the "True Temperment" Fret job? And where did I miss it on Warmoth's website?

What AutoBat linked pretty much sums most of it up. Also, Warmoth doesn't have an option to do TT frets, you have to ship it to Paul Guy and Anders Thidell here in Sweden and have them to it.

So far I am extremely pleased with it. My guitar sounds fantastic, I always sound perfectly in-tune when playing to recordings, bends work great, bar chords sound better than ever and I couldn't be happier.  :hello2:

I'm including some sample-playing of various chords, open stuff, some picking at the end and a bend. Basically I just set on record and played some crap, this does not at all reflect my actual guitar playing.  :laughing7:

Back