First ever Warmoth, first ever build.

DangerousR6 said:
JCizzle said:
JT2.jpg

This just in from Doug. J2T now has a neck plate and truss rod cover.  :headbang1:
Hell's ya, Made In Texas.. Bitchez... :headbang1:
I second this!

Just remember: If you end up not being satisfied, I'll pay shipping to have it sent my way. Not sure if you'll ever see it again, but hey! Better than being unsatisfied, yeah?  :cool01: Mule/63 Veneer/Mule, correct?

Talk about Return to Forever.

On a side note, Walnut is one of the few body woods (Along with Alder) that I actually have a preference/love for. Walnut and Alder are the only ones that make a big enough difference to my ears to matter. I suppose that all boils down to the subtle differences, but subtleties matter to me.  Don't forget to build a Tele with the http://tinyurl.com/7lmmv2t pickups. (They're BKP Blackguards, 55 Stagger.) Alder body, maple neck, some sorta rosewood fretboard. MMMMMMMM. You can send that one to me, too.  :icon_thumright:

Enjoy the build, Cizzler. Be sure to take some pictures of those BKPs for me. I miss my set of mules, and that's coming from someone who thinks humbuckers are the devil.

Thanks, guys! Tipperman, I believe it is actually Abraxas-63-Abraxas. I have them sitting in the body right now, unwired so far, but I will snap a photo. They look pretty sharp in there!

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be satisfied, so don't hold your breath. This might come off the wrong way, but I'm not really picky with guitars. At least not as picky as some of you experienced builders on here, and that might just be because I haven't built one yet! What I look forward to the most with this new hobby is new tones, new ideas, new feelings for my hands, and new music!  :party07:

I always seem to be the echo of everyone else (I guess I get to the party late), but that is some GORGEOUS walnut. I love walnut...

Also need to try BKPs. My list of things I have to try never seems to get shorter...

rapfohl09 said:
I always seem to be the echo of everyone else (I guess I get to the party late), but that is some GORGEOUS walnut. I love walnut...

Also need to try BKPs. My list of things I have to try never seems to get shorter...

You can't go wrong with BKPs. I currently don't have any BKP equipped guitars, but when I did... Great, now I'm like a Dos Equis ad. Point is, you can't go wrong. I'd highly recommend their Blackguard tele series, specifically the 55 stagger. Their Slab Board strat set from the "PAT Pend" series is pretty great, too. Still, I could definitely go for a much better price on the things.

Yeah well as long as you're not within the UK you can save on VAT.  :laughing7: :sad1:

Well, my neck is here, thanks to Cagey for doing the fretwork on it! This thing is light and beautiful. These are just some quick crappy pics I took with my phone, I'll post better ones once she is complete.

IMG00667-20120509-0912.jpg

IMG00666-20120509-0912.jpg

IMG00665-20120509-0911.jpg

IMG00664-20120509-0911.jpg

IMG00662-20120509-0911.jpg

IMG00661-20120509-0911.jpg

IMG00660-20120509-0910.jpg

Thanks, guys. Not too bad for a first build, eh? Only thing I need is two shorter wood screws for the contoured heel, which I will "borrow" from work Systematic Transfer of Equipment to Alternate Location).

Definitely a huge departure for me style-wise, tone-wise, etc. It's good to shock the system... :guitarplayer2:

JCizzle said:
Thanks, guys. Not too bad for a first build, eh? Only thing I need is two shorter wood screws for the contoured heel, which I will "borrow" from work Systematic Transfer of Equipment to Alternate Location).

Definitely a huge departure for me style-wise, tone-wise, etc. It's good to shock the system... :guitarplayer2:
LMAO....I like that..
crackup.gif

Grahhhhhh!  I've got a chrome covered Abraxas waiting for my tele to come back from W!  So stoked to hear your opinion of these!  That body is amazing.

JCizzle said:
Thanks, guys! Tipperman, I believe it is actually Abraxas-63-Abraxas. I have them sitting in the body right now, unwired so far, but I will snap a photo. They look pretty sharp in there!

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be satisfied, so don't hold your breath. This might come off the wrong way, but I'm not really picky with guitars. At least not as picky as some of you experienced builders on here, and that might just be because I haven't built one yet! What I look forward to the most with this new hobby is new tones, new ideas, new feelings for my hands, and new music!  :party07:

Back