Firecaster/Fenderbird

Johnfv

I've had this body for a while but picked up this Firebird neck when Warmoth was discounting the Gibson stuff. Maple/Rosewood, 59 Roundback profile, 6150, Sperzels. I do like the angled head stock, good string tension that feels very solid in the nut.  I've struggled a bit getting optimal tone from this body but have settled on this HSH setup (all DiMarzio: 36th PAF bridge, Area 58 middle, Humbucker from Hell neck). The tone from the chambered ash body tends thin but the fullsize humbuckers make it sound great. This new neck is fantastic (I played a Firebird I with inline tuners for many years so the "reverse" headstock is actually intuitive for me). I've always loved the look of the Fireburst maple flametop.

Attachments

• FenderBird_PAF.jpg
    FenderBird_PAF.jpg
    311.7 KB · Views: 541
Aha - so it was YOU who got that neck!  I was eyeing a few of the Firebird ones when the sale first started, but when I was ready to buy, they were all gone.  Great score, and that is a fine lookin' beast of a guitar there. :guitaristgif:

ihnpts said:
Aha - so it was YOU who got that neck! ...
That stuff went pretty quick didn't it?  I sure didn't NEED another neck but I like the Firebird headstock and it had my favorite fret size and neck profile. When I saw it I jumped on it fast...

They did go fast. I figured those Firebird necks would hang around for a while.

Looks great.  :headbang1:

If the timing hadn't been terrible for me, I would've snagged one of the Geddy Lee-esque maple/maple black blocked and bound necks.

Back