Finished my latest - Swamp Ash Soloist

rapfohl09

Hey all, not sure if this should be here or in the gallery, but here is my latest project from Warmoth. My goal was simple elegance, and straightforward. I also wanted to get a guitar with a trem, since the only other guitar that I've owned that had one was blocked and I never experimented with it. Specs after pics.

I picked up the body for absolutely dirt cheap. I watched it for months and months because I thought it just looked so awesome, but I wasn't wanting a trem at the time. Then it moved to the screaming deals section, and I still held out. Finally, after the price being lowered two MORE times, I picked it up in the recent screaming deals sale. I figured it was a sign. The last picture is what I call the "galaxy" on the guitar, and is the feature that drew me so much to the body. I love it.

Specs:

Swamp Ash Soloist
Only routed for a blade switch, with a custom knob position (volume).
Wilkinson Trem
Jake Bowen's Dimarzio Titan Pickups

Maple/Maple Neck
Gotoh Tuners
Wizard Contour
SS 6100 Frets
Fret magic performed by our very own Cagey (Seriously, look at those frets in the picture)

Both are finished in a 3 very thin coats of Tung Oil, then steel wooled to knock off the slight gloss that built. Very smooth finish.

The knob, pickup rings, and strap buttons are actually ebony. I was just going to go plain black, but figured I would splurge just a little bit. I think it is an awesome accent, although the grain in the knob/buttons didnt pick up that well in the pictures.

As always, everything was top notch quality. I literally just finished it the other day, so it needs to rest a bit before final set up, but it SHREDS so far.

Also as a final note, the cavity cover is signed by Plini and Aaron Marshall (of Intervals).

Wow, that looks amazing. Extremely simplistic, me likey. Gives me an idea for a S-X-H soloist with the same wood and finish...

Please!
The shredding isn't in the number of frets, but in the speed with which you spit out notes on the frets that are available.
Case in point:
20/21 and 24 frets:
[youtube]SwN8cIMq8wI[/youtube]  :icon_thumright:

Nice, a simple elegant design as you say.

I was looking at the photos thinking someone has taken some time and care on those frets and done a good job. Then I read further and saw that Cagey, had done them. Either way that final extra on the frets makes all the difference I think.

Back