Finished! Deluxe 5 P Bass in Black Korina Clear to Purple Burst

voxic

Finally got her done. First Warmoth build in the books!

Deluxe 5 P bass in black korina finished in purple to clear burst with natural binding and:

- Warmoth 4+1 wenge neck
- Pau Ferro fretboard
- black binding
- abalone side dots
- black block inlays
- Hipshot bridge and machine heads
- Seymour Duncan NYC bass pickups with on-on-on toggles that will do series, parallel and coil split
- DR Black Beauties strings

I wasn't sure about the abalone knobs because sometimes they look tacky to me, But the guitar turned out so dark in the finish and the black hardware I figured a pop of color would look classy. Overall I’m pretty happy with them. Such awesome quality from Warmoth on this.

Thanks for all the help with this!  I have 2 more builds coming as Warmoth works through the backlog. I went a little nuts for my 40th bithday considering COVID BS kinda stole it from me haha.

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 33
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 48
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 21
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 15
  • image4.jpg
    image4.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 17
I read the description and thought “eew”. I was wrong. That’s awesome. Some unorthodox choices there but it works. Giving me ideas.

Thanks! It sounds great, very acoustic when not plugged in. I am having some issues with the electronics--mostly a ground hum louder than it should be, so I'm going to take a look at those. I think it's coming from the tone pot, so maybe there's something on there I missed. Also there's a little confusion I have with the wiring I might make a post about to get help.

Michaelga said:
That looks great! How does it sound?

DieterDeux said:
I read the description and thought “eew”. I was wrong. That’s awesome. Some unorthodox choices there but it works. Giving me ideas.

Well, thanks for keeping an open mind :eek:ccasion14:

Back