Finished 3 HB LP

I like it!  But 86 that gigantic truss rod cover and get a smaller one.  You could serve dinner for two on that thing!

I thought you were gonna go with white pup rings?

Works really nicely with the black though.  Great build
:hello2:

Jaw droppingly beautiful. I like the big truss rod cover and the black rings (although white, cream really, would have worked just as well). Can you tell us a bit about choosing that top wood? Did you just call up and request the sweetest piece of flame maple available? is that a '5A' deal? Also, I'd like to know why you went with a Warmoth headstock instead of the obvious Gibson shape...as nice as the Warmoth shape is, my eyes are just accustomed to seeing that classic symetrical headstock shape!

Yep, this one will be Bradyn's when he's old enough to play.  This is actually a showcase body that I had finished for me by Warmoth.  I was thinking about going with white or creme pickup rings, but I decided to go with the black to use as a contrast to the chrome on the knobs, pickups/pickup rings, and the tuners, I figrued it would stand out a little more.  The pickups are GFS Crunchy PAF's in the bridge and neck and a Dream 90 in the middle.  In hindsight I should have probably went with a 2 HB because I find myself tapping the middle pickup due to my "digging in" a lot more than I had ever realized, but I've always liked the look of 3 HB guitars.  I guess I know better for next time.  I'm pretty pleased with the GFS pickups.  I don't think you could get a better deal for the price.  The Crunchy PAF's are nice and hot, but not too hot, and the Dream 90 is supposed to be a P90 in a humbucker case and I guess it sounds like its supposed to..I'm not that familiar with P90s, just sounds like a fat single coil.  It could be because of the fact that its a les paul body, but the coil tapped modes on the humbuckers are fairly useless.  They lack some "punch" but hey its a paul!  That's my only real complaint about the pickups.  The rosewood neck feels nice too.

Oh. My. Ugh... role model for another project...

I like the Warmoth headstock on that. Pay tribute to those that know!

And yes, P-90's are supposed to sound like "basically a really fat single coil".  :)

Oooooooooo, Daddy like!  I have generally the same idea for an LP...and have just inspired me to put that project back on the front burner. Nice Axe!  :eek:ccasion14:

Back