Finished 3 HB LP

Wow, did I miss this one before? Gorgeous, and I don't normally like the 3HB look. Nice that you've got something really different in the middle, though it doesn't sound like you're too impressed with it. Somebody else (here, I think) put a HB-sized TV jones filtertron in their LP middle pup and that seemed like a good  idea too. Great, great finish.

I like the symmetrical flow of the pole pieces, thanks to the HB-sized P90. Also, the body finish and neck woods look SO good together.

+1 on ditching that huge truss rod cover. It looks cheap!

Blue Flames was the name of my first instrumental song. It was me and two other kids, and was terrible. Partly because we were in 6th grade.

normally, I'm into gold pickups and hardware, but this colorcombination, is very classy. the top is very beautifully dyed by the way. I love the color, really! its sort-off a faded jeans-kinda thing. I also like the neck inlay and fretboard, though I still have a buttery-softspot for ebony. nevertheless, this guitar is gonna ROAR! Me like!

Hi Buddy,

Just starting a 3HB LP project myself, how are you activating that middle? A Push Pull?

Yep, I have a push/pull on the bridge volume for coil tapping and a push/pull on the neck volume to activate the middle pickup.  Can't wait to see it!

Back