FINALLY... my Black Korina Soloist body arrived!!!!

RockStarNick

UPDATED!!!!!

Building has begun!!!!  Go to this thread!  http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=6880.0

Finally, after 8 long weeks of waiting, my black korina soloist body has arrived. I've attached pictures of the body, and of the photoshopped concept picture that I made before I ordered it. The funny thing is, the actual grain in the body I got almost matches my photoshop rendering exactly! haha.

I honestly couldn't be more pleased with how amazing the piece of wood looks, and the finish. Brown to clear burst. Stunning. I can't stop looking at it.

DSC02061.JPG

DSC02059.JPG

NP4_BLACKCLEAR_BURST.png

Ooohhhh. Sickeningly nice body. Great finish choice on the korina. That colour works brilliantly.
I'm gonna watch closely as this one comes together.  :hello2:

I love Black Korina.  I think one day I'll build a Thinline with that and a Tobacco burst.  Awesome body, that's going to be a hot guitar.

Looks cool, but you got a soloist and didn't get a Floyd... :doh:  There's got to be a law about that.... :glasses9:

Hahaha... funny you mention the floyd. That's the whole reason I'm building this axe.  I love the Washburn Nuno N4, but they don't offer one with a hardtail, so I decided to go ahead and make MY interpretation of the guitar. 

The soloist body just looks awesome. What a great shape.

Marko said:
You can't go wrong with Tobacco burst on Korina!! very cool looking!

I think it's brown to clear burst.  Anyways sweet body man that some killer grain in the korina.  Are you custom ordering a neck with that headstock shape?

Yeah, it's brown to clear burst, which is just incredible!  The clear lets the natural-ness of the wood show thru, but the light brown edges are just enough to solidify the edges.

Headstock: Yes, I traced the headstock of my good friend's Washburn N4. Scanned it, imported it into Adobe Illustrator, traced it by hand so that I could send Warmoth a printout using clean vector lines. When I got the custom neck, I was stunned. Amazing, clean, precise work. Its going to look JUST how I planned.

Max said:
Uhm... what custom neck? (Pics or it doesn't exist :p)

Haha... I swear, it DOES exist... I'll get some pics up by Thursday. The neck (which has already been finished in 10 coats of satin wipe on poly, and buffed to an amazing matte lustre) is at my parents house right now. Gotta go there and snap some pics.

RockStarNick said:
Max said:
Uhm... what custom neck? (Pics or it doesn't exist :p)

Haha... I swear, it DOES exist... I'll get some pics up by Thursday. The neck (which has already been finished in 10 coats of satin wipe on poly, and buffed to an amazing matte lustre) is at my parents house right now. Gotta go there and snap some pics.
Sure it does....... :laughing7:

Back