Let's just do pics first shall we?
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Last summer I got the first parts for this and now it's finally finished, I had the assembly done by a pro as I had 0 experience and I was pretty scared to mess it up with all these expensive parts  :icon_tongue:

Specs:
'Jazzcaster' / 'Offset Telecaster' body shape
Alder Body, Matte Apricot Flake Finish
28,5 inch scale roasted maple Telecaster neck.
Stainless steel frets.
Fender Locking Tuners
Bare Knuckle Pickups - Black Dog Set, coil split with the tone knob
Gotoh Humbucker Telecaster Bridge
Parchment Pickguard.
Currently set-up in Drop A, with a 13-72 Ernie Ball Baritone Slinky Set.

I only had about an hour to really play with it so far, but first impressions are good.
In terms of playability it feels very comfy and familiar due to all the 'Fender-ish' specs, the neck length and the thicker strings is something to get used to but it's not something I'm worried about.
Soundwise I got a great impression but I was mostly playing with patches that I made for my Tele, so I'm sure I can get better results, it resonates like crazy too.
As for looks, I love the finish.
It's really unique and the way it interacts with light is great, it's truly matte but under the right light the flakes really start to shine.
It feels kind of restrained this way and doesn't make it too gaudy.
For the pickguard I also wen't for 'parchment' instead of white, in my opinion fully white pickguards often make a guitar look cheap, this slightly different shade just averts that.
For the accents I really wen't for 'black on chrome' which I really like, and as it's also on my Tele and my bass it really fits in with the rest of the family.

In terms of costs, the parts where €1530/$1730, including import taxes/shipping.
Assembly cost me another €250 but that was completely worth it, grand total: €1780/$2020

For me it's by far the most money I've put into a guitar, 800 being the most previously, but this is something I really wanted as I could not get used to a lot of extended range guitars on the market.
But I can definitely say I think it's worth every penny, together with the Telecaster I have it's really all the guitars I need as they are both perfectly fit for my styles of music and playing.
Ok, yea, I MIGHT consider a Strat shape with H-S Tele configuration down the line for Drop C, but let's enjoy this for the coming years first, shall we? :lol:

Clips? They will come, eventually! I just got it yesterday and I really need some time with it first, but I'll make sure to record a nice demo with it.

And last but definitely not least, the all so important family photo :D
8.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek:
Wow! Just, wow! That is a seriously impressive guitar. Love it. Everything about it is just perfect.
Oh, and your blue Tele looks pretty badass too  :icon_thumright:

Nice!

That's money well spent if you aske me!
And I'm glad that it was not finished soon enough to enter this month's GOM  :icon_biggrin:

Well, that is just a gorgeous specimen.  Great choices.  Congratulations on an axe that will bring the thunder for sure.

Wow, that's really nice! I've been waiting for someone to post pix of an apricot flake build so I could see how it looked on an actual instrument, instead of just in a showcase shot. I must say, it's impressive. Makes me want one.....  :icon_thumright:

The Jazzcaster is one of my favorite body styles. That apricot flake looks good on it. What a fine instrument. Very nice work. :icon_thumright:
cool.gif

Back