Finally Done!! my first Thinline!!

haha! I joined multiple clubs now with just one build!!  :icon_biggrin:
I have to admit that I got a lot of inspiration from some of the thinlines that were build last year.. the ones from Jack, CB, Guitlouie, Tfarny and some others come to mind + some more..

This guitar is so different to what I have build so far, but I am really starting to love it! it was worth all the waiting and trouble with the filling and the finish - before I forget, thanks Jack and CB for all the advise!!

this is also my first fatback, and really like it! so comfy!

Thinlines are one of the best, and certainly the most unappreciated designs that Fender ever came up with....

I love this build! the neck looks great! with what can you compare the neck? rosewood? wenge? (as far as you can imagine?).

Hello Marco
That is a really nice thinline!

Gave me some ideas about what my next prosject will look like, if I find a body like that.

Also had same problems with tung-oil finish on my rosewood, so I had to do a refinish.
This time I thinned the oil about 3 to 1 oil/turpentine.
Surface is now more smooth, and even.

Ivar (from Norway)

Nice job!!!  I like how the korina and the rosewod offer a contrast to each other--its not like a night and day difference, but it has enough subtlety to be classy. I also like the recessed TOM on your Tele as well--looks a lot more reserved than what a traditional tele plate-style bridge would have been, especially if you were getting it gold plated.

Orpheo said:
I love this build! the neck looks great! with what can you compare the neck? rosewood? wenge? (as far as you can imagine?).

hard to describe, it feels way smoother than any other exotic neckwood I tried before..
The tone is definetly clearer and brighter than Rosewood! I really love it!

Oh, wow, that's beautiful Nice work Marko! I don't get why you don't think the woods are a bad match - I think it looks gorgeous.

Back