FINALLY (Blue LP Update w/ Pics!)

GearBoxTy said:
Disreguard my question about the nut, I just saw your "out of the box" post.

Am I the one with the problem about people saying it's a "feminine" guitar?  I didn't realize you were female until I went searching for other posts to see if it was an Earvana nut.  That guitar doesn't look feminine to me at all!  Awesome blueburst finish on amazing quilt maple and black korina in clear gloss!  What about that is feminine?  I bet there isn't a guy on this board that wouldn't be proud straping that amazing thing on and making it scream, cry, sing, wail!!!

Sorry about the gender soapbox, but its all about guitars to me!

Having a top that's not the traditional orangey-ambery color or black is more feminine in my opinion.  Orange just screams "man" to me.  I don't think my LP is girly, but it definitely looks more feminine than a sunburst in my opinion.  

I think you guys that are all voting for the chrome knobs need to see it in person.  You can't see it in the photos very well, but there is actually some wood grain color that shows through the blue where they sanded it back to reveal the figure, and the amber knobs make that really pop out and gives the whole thing more depth.  It also brings out the color in the fretboard out a lot more.  When I put the cream ones on, all of that goes  away, and I think chrome would do the same.  Plus they don't make chrome knobs that go to 11.  

Everyone I have showed it to in person has said they prefer the amber because it gives the color scheme more vibrancy.  You can't tell that at all from the photos though.  I wish it would show up, but it just doesn't.  

Hey Hannaugh, its all good.  Its YOUR guitar.  Build it however YOU want.  That is the beauty of Warmoth.  If "the board" had its way, none of my guitars would have Floyds.  :icon_biggrin:

Cool that the knobs go to 11.

Hey, fair enough. And yes I would be very happy to strap that thing on and go at it.

That blue is just too awsome!!! :eek: Tell us how those pups sound after set up. Great job hannaugh :icon_thumright:

SK

Forget what everyone else is saying, those amber knobs are Kick@$$ for sure! Awesome guitar, congrats!!

At first, I jumped on the silver knob bandwagon, but after looking at the pics a little closer, I can see the auburn hues in the grain pattern that match up with the knobs you picked. Everything looks great!

and the pickups are crazy ridiculous!  :headbang:

Anybody saying those amber knobs look out of place is nutty.

I would however say to 86 the poker chip.  Don't cover up any of that gorgeous figuring.

I wasn't gonna say anything, but yeah.  Sounds wrong.

Thanks for the comments guys!  I'm getting it back real soon so I'll have final pics up within a couple days! :toothy12:

look at this blue vip from the showcase

http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseItem.aspx?Body=2&Path=Body&binding=232&i=VIPP132

Nice lookin' axe.  I love the billowy look of the quilt on that guitar and the blue finnish really helps to bring it out.

You'll have to let us know how those alumin-a-buckers sound...

Congrats... :eek:ccasion14:

Thanks!  I'm still waiting on my tech at the moment.  It's taking longer than I thought.  :sad:

But when I get it back I'll let you know how those things sound!

Actually, I'm curious about those alumitones too.  You have to report back on how they sound.

"I love watching Inside the Actor's Studio.  But at the same time, when I see James Lipton's face, I have the urge to punch it."

- my friend's dad

Back