Fender Warmoth Dink P Jazz Bass

akmusicfreak

Here is my Jazz Bass done with Warmoth Dinky P mahogany body with Formby's coat. It has a Fender Jazz neck on it right now, but I'm trying to sell some gear locally to replace it with a Warmoth Babinga. So for the time being this bass is done. Sounds as nice at it looks if anybody was wondering.

Thanks! Had a great time making it. I'll have some more pictures next month. I'm waiting on some parts from warmoth to make a sister bass to this one.  It will be a mahogany Dinky J with PJ pickups and a Bubinga / Bubinga fretless neck.

tubby.twins said:
akmusicfreak said:
...and a Bubinga / Bubinga fretless neck.

Good choice.  Bubinga makes an excellent fingerboard for fretless.  And your Dinky P looks nice as well!

I've had a bubinga/bubinga (fretted) neck, and I can't speak highly enough about it's tone - a tad heavy...but worth it 
eusa_dance.gif

I totally misread the subject of this thread... I was expecting something like this:

p1_uamg2skui_so.jpg

But I am only slightly disappointed.  :headbang:

I didn't expect the grain to pop through so much before I started the Formby's coat. I'm really happy with Warmoth on this purchase. I'm hoping the special order Dinky J in mahogany I have being made now looks half as nice. Just as a warning to anybody interested in doing the mahogany oil finish, it dings fairly easily. So if you like to treat your bass like a Tijuana Street walker, go with hard finish on mahogany body. I tend to want to treat my basses like a lady so having an oil finish suites me fine.

Looks good.

I'm glad to see that the training wheels will come off soon!  :icon_biggrin:
Be sure to post pics of the Bubinga!  :blob7:

line6man said:
Looks good.

I'm glad to see that the training wheels will come off soon!  :icon_biggrin:
Be sure to post pics of the Bubinga!  :blob7:

While I'm waiting for my parts to make my fretless warmoth, I do have this fretless to play for now.

akmusicfreak said:
line6man said:
Looks good.

I'm glad to see that the training wheels will come off soon!  :icon_biggrin:
Be sure to post pics of the Bubinga!  :blob7:

While I'm waiting for my parts to make my fretless warmoth, I do have this fretless to play for now.

How do you like those Ergo basses?
I'm not into uprights, but I was checking out their website the other week after seeing the 12 string electric upright they made on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2YMYnnxLVE

line6man said:
akmusicfreak said:
line6man said:
Looks good.

I'm glad to see that the training wheels will come off soon!  :icon_biggrin:
Be sure to post pics of the Bubinga!  :blob7:

How do you like those Ergo basses?
I'm not into uprights, but I was checking out their website the other week after seeing the 12 string electric upright they made on YouTube:

Sent PM with info

Line6man,

I sent PM don't know if it made it, not showing up in my outbox. If you didn't let me know I'll resend.

akmusicfreak said:
Line6man,

I sent PM don't know if it made it, not showing up in my outbox. If you didn't let me know I'll resend.

Yeah, I got it, I just don't have anything else to say.

I'm not looking to buy one or anything, just curious how you liked them.

dbw said:
I totally misread the subject of this thread... I was expecting something like this:

p1_uamg2skui_so.jpg

But I am only slightly disappointed.   :headbang:

DINK not PINK!~

Back